Why Can't A Double Sanitary Tee Be Used Here

Users who are viewing this thread

Hammerlane

Reaction score
Why can't a double sanitary tee(DST) be used here instead of the double fixture tee(double fixture fitting)? Does it have to do with in case the line needs to be snaked? The snake most likely would have a tough time going down once it reached the DST?

What is a situation where a double sanitary tee can be used?

index.php
double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Attachments

• doub san tee.jpg
    doub san tee.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 25,175
Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A double sanitary tee can be used for a vent fitting.

If you snake a double santee, the snake goes right across and toward the other p-trap.
I knew a guy that pushed his snake right through an aging brass p-trap in the next condo unit.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That guy wouldn't of happen to be Terry would it??:D

No......I heard that one at a high school reunion. A guy that became a dentist was doing handyman work while in college. He said he was pushing real hard on the snake and was quite happy he was able to push it through until he found out what he had done.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
No......I heard that one at a high school reunion. A guy that became a dentist was doing handyman work while in college. He said he was pushing real hard on the snake and was quite happy he was able to push it through until he found out what he had done.

That's funny as h*** right there.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A sanitary cross creates "crossover" of waste is "almost" impossible to snake through it. A double "combo" creates "3/4 S" traps, so the double fixture fitting is the only proper one. A "'double sanitary tee" is not necessarily a "sanitary cross". There are double sanitary tees with the two inlets one above the other and others with them a 90 degree apart.

My first boss told me about a job where he was using a flat steel tape through a closet bend. He hit an obstruction right after pushing it in, so he "pounded" it a couple of times and it continued to go in. It was a short time after that the tenant next door was pounding on the door because he had "something" coming out of his bathroom and snaking across the dining room floor. One time, I was snaking a supermarket drain from the back of the building. I had about 140' of snake in the drain, which should have put me at the front of the building, so I went outside to open the front 2 way cleanout to see if I was there yet. But when I got there, my snake had turned up from the combo, pushed the cleanout cover off and was going across the sidewalk. Some "dimestore cowboy" had "wrestled" it the ground and hogtied it around a post.

double-fixture-tee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks