Your thoughts concerning this sink/dishwasher setup

Users who are viewing this thread

KAdams4458

Reaction score
I know that this strays a bit off of the plumbing topic, but since it is related to this repair work, I can't think of a more appropriate place for it...

The former residents of the wall cavity behind the dishwasher (rats, a PO's problem, and they are no longer present.) removed almost all of the insulation. I can easily replace two thirds of it with fiberglass batting, but there is an upper cabinet that I can't really get behind without pulling it down. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll be completing the plumbing work today, and would like to be able to button up the wall.

Big2bird

IBEW Electrician
Reaction score
I know that this strays a bit off of the plumbing topic, but since it is related to this repair work, I can't think of a more appropriate place for it...

The former residents of the wall cavity behind the dishwasher (rats, a PO's problem, and they are no longer present.) removed almost all of the insulation. I can easily replace two thirds of it with fiberglass batting, but there is an upper cabinet that I can't really get behind without pulling it down. Anyone have any suggestions? I'll be completing the plumbing work today, and would like to be able to button up the wall.

Is the cabinet above where you are working? Is there a fire block?
If no fireblock, take a stick and shove it up there.
If there is a fire block, drill a 1/4" hole at the rear top of the cabinet, and squirt in some expanding foam. Use only enough to fill half the cavity, as it will double in size as it expands. Too much, and it will blow the drywall off.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks