Schluter trim and my install

Users who are viewing this thread

boardable

Reaction score
Ok so I did my curb last night and used schluter trim. I did this because my tile did not have edge tiles available and instead of making my own edge ( which i should have) I decided this would be easier. So next time I say " I am planning on doing a NEO angled shower and using Schluter trim, please someone remind me to NOT do it. PITA and took me 3 hours to get it all done. Here is the picture ( yes it is missing a few little peices I still need to do tonight.

photo.jpg

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
If you think that little bit was fussy, look at what I was faced with. There is not only brushed nickle edging around the niche but also embedded in the transition between the glass tile and field tile. The flash doesn't do it justice.

100_0518.JPG

boardable

Reaction score
OMG That is Beautiful. It is just the angles that killed me. For the niche's i will just bullnose my tile. No metal for me I am really over the profiles.

boardable

Reaction score
John, I have a huge chop saw at my shop. Too large for this so out came the dremel with the metal cutting blades. Blah, I will be now using my amature buffing skills to make the edges look good. Made my own bullnose tiles for the niches and much happier with that. Next time I will be doing the same for the curb. Saddly my tile saw only cuts either streight or 45 angles so the edge is not like traditional bullnose but still looks great when you cut the tip off. God niche's take alot of time. But they look great. Getting them perfect is going to take some practice. I used the EZ niche cut outs before and do not like them since they stick out onto the face. Building them from scratch is best.

boardable

Reaction score
Wow that is awesome. Where did you get the shelf? is it installable after tile is in as I am already almost done with my niches

boardable

Reaction score
Because he is a pro. He is clean with his thinset. Me on the other hand. It looks like it sneezed thinset all over hahaha.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
Because he is a pro. He is clean with his thinset. Me on the other hand. It looks like it sneezed thinset all over hahaha.

He isn't a pro.

I'd be more worried about leaks than I would a "clean" looking kerdi seam.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks