WAKE UP CALL! Nevada gives china 14 Square miles of land

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2012-04-05/the-chinese-try-to-harness-the-nevada-sun

Okay, We don't have the balls anymore to make our own projects, so the MORON that runs Nevada gives away 14 square miles of Nevada, to greate "jobs" - chinese panels and parts "assembled on site" .... Reid also blocked the opening of the nuclear waste storage 100 billion$ boondoggle empty hole - THAT would have made 10,000 jobs.

Where is the owner of facebook and Microsoft? Cruising in their Lamborghini's, crapping in their 6000$ toilet, and doing NOTHING to help our fellow working stiffs. Most of Microsofts "donations" go out of the country to help the Africans get wired and breed more 15 kid families. We are doomed.

I suppose the only good part is that when we go to war with China we get the place back.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
As I thought, no one gives a S$*%&. So whats the limit? we give China 500 square miles of desert, then maybe people get interested? Country of dopes, here. Let Buffet finance it.

Cookie

Reaction score
There's alot of crap in this world with people who do not care. I hear ya. I got my complaints, too, on certain things.

Patrick88

Plumber
Reaction score
Really!! Ballvalve?
I have been saying the same thing for years. We give jobs away to over seas. We send money to other countries.
Well there are plenty of people in this great country who are starving, sick or cant work. very few do anything about it. Heck most laugh point fingers n spit. Yet when they see crap ads on tv they send tons of money.
We have sent jobs over seas so CEO's can make 6 figure incomes and get bonuses. Now selling land to other nations. Does this sick insane money grabbing shock you? Well 100 years from now. will we be USA?

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I had to call the VA today. Mind you, our VA. America's VA. There was a lack of communication between the rep and I. Why? She couldn't understand the way I said, numbers, my accent, my American accent, alright, I sound like I come from the Bronx at times, but, still... I had to say, 9 numbers, ( I counted this) 5 times, for her to get it straight. Then, I couldn't understand her. I called the VA and I swear, I had to be rerouted overseas. lol. Only in America! But, she was very sweet and very understanding of my problems, and honestly, very helpful, once we got past the accent problem.

Chillpill

Reaction score
Yeah some valid points. Politicians can take some of the blame however ... we mostly did it to ourselves. Every time we bought and continue to buy something made in Asia (predominantly China) we give them money and jobs and power.

We all fill our homes with stuff made in China and then we complain about "no jobs!" and unemployment? Really?

For every US manufacturer that has shut down it's a direct loss but also impacts the businesses around them; the local plumber, electrician, accountant, roofer, insurance agent and even the lunch lady in her sandwich van.

We did it to ourselves.

We voted with our money with every "cheap" purchase at Walmart (which groceries aside is stocked with over 90% Chinese made consumer goods) and buddy, we have no one else to blame but ourselves for the fallout of decades of this consumer behavior.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
The other day, I was running late and near my home we have a 7-11, which is a convienient store, so, I decided to run in there and get a coffee. I was on my way to work. Near the coffee, was a stack of coupons, which said, it would be 50 cents off a kitkat, near those coupons, there was a stack of kitkats, a goofy candybar. So, I took one coupon, one kitkat and one coffee. The kit kats said... 79 cents on the box. Well, this no one would believe. But, it happened. I didn't know, I could be this way, I found out something new about myself.

At the counter, the guy rang up everything and said, something like 5 bucks. I looked at the thing which you can see the prices, and I said, well, the candy bar was only 79 cents, the coupon would take 50 cents off of that and the coffee, was 99 cents. He said, " no, you can't read your own language?!" That did it.

I said, why is the candy bar 2 bucks? Where is the coupon taken off? and, why is my coffee not the going price on the sign for the size?? Eh??

He was on the phone when I got in there, he said something smart about me, sat the phone down, and yelled at me, " where did you get the coupon!"

I answered him , " BY YOUR COFFEE!" SAME PLACE i GOT THE CANDY BAR!"

He was furious, I thought I was going to be hit, and he stormed back to the coffee.... and moments later, this was unreal, came back up with this ONE bar, which said, 79 on it... and, said, " see, see, you smart girl, " I said, " you ding dong, that is the same candy bar!

I was arguing over a candy bar, I really didn't even like! I said, " I want all my money back." He told me, I couldn't have it for the coffee. I said, " fine, I want the money back for your candy bar. Next: He gave me 79 cents back. I said, to him, " Do I look stupid?" I WANT it all back.

He slammed down some more money, and, while leaving, another man came in, and he still, was yelling at me, still yelling at me.. So, I yelled back, he was rude, a very rude man who cheats people. And, I left. When, I got ouside, I counted the money again and he still, shorted me 13 cents. lol.

The coffee now was cold. I got to work, late.

I swear, all kinds in this world. All, I did was buy a coffee and a candy bar. :) I will never, EVER, step back in that store.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
The other day, I was running late and near my home we have a 7-11, which is a convienient store, so, I decided to run in there and get a coffee. I was on my way to work. Near the coffee, was a stack of coupons, which said, it would be 50 cents off a kitkat, near those coupons, there was a stack of kitkats, a goofy candybar. So, I took one coupon, one kitkat and one coffee. The kit kats said... 79 cents on the box. Well, this no one would believe. But, it happened. I didn't know, I could be this way, I found out something new about myself.

At the counter, the guy rang up everything and said, something like 5 bucks. I looked at the thing which you can see the prices, and I said, well, the candy bar was only 79 cents, the coupon would take 50 cents off of that and the coffee, was 99 cents. He said, " no, you can't read your own language?!" That did it.

I said, why is the candy bar 2 bucks? Where is the coupon taken off? and, why is my coffee not the going price on the sign for the size?? Eh??

He was on the phone when I got in there, he said something smart about me, sat the phone down, and yelled at me, " where did you get the coupon!"

I answered him , " BY YOUR COFFEE!" SAME PLACE i GOT THE CANDY BAR!"

He was furious, I thought I was going to be hit, and he stormed back to the coffee.... and moments later, this was unreal, came back up with this ONE bar, which said, 79 on it... and, said, " see, see, you smart girl, " I said, " you ding dong, that is the same candy bar!

I was arguing over a candy bar, I really didn't even like! I said, " I want all my money back." He told me, I couldn't have it for the coffee. I said, " fine, I want the money back for your candy bar. Next: He gave me 79 cents back. I said, to him, " Do I look stupid?" I WANT it all back.

He slammed down some more money, and, while leaving, another man came in, and he still, was yelling at me, still yelling at me.. So, I yelled back, he was rude, a very rude man who cheats people. And, I left. When, I got ouside, I counted the money again and he still, shorted me 13 cents. lol.

The coffee now was cold. I got to work, late.

I swear, all kinds in this world. All, I did was buy a coffee and a candy bar. :) I will never, EVER, step back in that store.
Hi Cookie, like everything else in life, our experiences at 7-11 vary. Not every ethnicity has all people with the same manners and attitude.

I don't go to 7-11's very often, but it seems that most of them are owned and operated by people from India. I have had the opposite experience you did at 7-11. It seems many of them think we are lazy and stupid. We, I believe, tend to think people that don't speak good English are stupid.

That being said, and me struggling to type what I did above, say: WTF is wrong with those people anyway, ROTFL. And good for you giving it back to him. You should complain to 7-11 Corporate, so if it is a franchise location, they may pull it from him, or he is an actual 7-11 employee, they can fire his arrogant arse. Is that politically OK to say rather than ass? I find the Dunkin donuts people to be more "badder" than the above. I miss those Dunkin Donuts. gave in 2 days ago and bought only 2 donuts. they looked at me like "big spender". I wanted Frech Crullers, but they had none. Ah that felt good to get off my chest.

Above is my personal opinions only and not intended to offend any decent people

Cookie

Reaction score
I love Dunkin donuts, but, like is is said, " a moment on your lips, forever, on your hips!" So, I refrain from things that delicious. Plus, the prices, WOW! I think alittle pricey. The man at 7-11, well, he started it... all I wanted was a candy, a coffee, at the just & right prices, and use my 50 cent coupon. :) Is that too much to ask in life?

you do know, when I write this kind of stuff, I am trying to be funny, lol.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Bob, I made my own coffee, really bad stuff, and, got a carrot for the road. :) Off to work I go, cause I owe, I owe, I owe!

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I love Dunkin donuts, but, like is is said, " a moment on your lips, forever, on your hips!" So, I refrain from things that delicious. Plus, the prices, WOW! I think alittle pricey. The man at 7-11, well, he started it... all I wanted was a candy, a coffee, at the just & right prices, and use my 50 cent coupon. :) Is that too much to ask in life?

you do know, when I write this kind of stuff, I am trying to be funny, lol.

Of course Cookie! Cookie, he was an arrogant Ahole, no matter his origin. We all feel better sounding off here sometimes, even me. It is cheap therapy, making fun of ourselves. We are a much better person when we are able to look back and make fun of our experiences rather than festering and holding long time grudges. Most but not all, men I know, are able to quickly to get over it. Only a few women I've known can do the same. You are one of the lucky ones, despite your life's experiences.

I really enjoy reading your posts, so if anything I say rubs you the wrong way sometimes, just ignore me please.

Cookie

Reaction score
Did you get an email, or anyone get an email, from an Operation Jubliee? I got one, but, nothing in the body of the message, but, no attachment either. I think, the spammers goofted on mine, lol.

Trust me, I am lucky... others around me, may not be so sure, but, I know I am. I wear my lucky shirt, with a horse shoe on the front, which says, " I am your good luck charm" I think, it is great to see those people run so fast. :) I love them. All but the rellies, I ignore them. I am good at it too, lol.

I do need a new lucky shirt for I literally gave the shirt off of my back to a little girl at a hospital. She kept admiring it, and telling me she wanted to be lucky like Cookie. So, I went streaking down the hallway, lol, ONLY kidding, I gave her it, telling her she is going to be very very very lucky. These kids are great. They are kids from all places, this little girl is from India, and, I adore her.

We were slow at work today, real slow, maddening slow... So, I walked to subway, I walked to Kmart, I walked to Gabs, I was looking in the beer distributors windows, lol, wanting a cold one, lol, but, knowing better so, I bought pepsi. While in the supermarket I heard a mom tell her little boy, such a cute little boy, no to a candy bar, saying, " we can't afford it" well, I was already digging in my purse, but, then, I saw what she just bought! and, then, I noticed about 6 other mothers and I was already, giving her the hair-eyeball, cause, she had a carton, not just one pack, but a carton of cigarettes. This broke my heart for the young man. I bit my tongue so hard, I went back to work speechless.

I walked to Petgo, too, and got free samples of dog food and cat food. I found a bird I want. He is a finch with orange stripes on him, really neat bird. I found a ferret too, who has the face of my cat, alittle spooky! I will pass him.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
I make this pitch every year, and people run from me when they see me coming, but, I run fast, and catch them. But, here you can't run. lol, you can decide not to read, but, I bet you don't. :) So, here is my pitch. St. Jude's Hospital. What I am about to propose makes a great Christmas thing to do. It really helps those kids.

Just so you all know, I have been doing this before it hit me at age 43. I was 21, when they told me they thought I had Leukemia, but, I shrugged them off, thinking how dare they! I only had a kidney stone.... naught. lol. Twenty some years later, the truth came out, I have 2 different forms of Lymphoma, what they saw when I was 21, was Indolent, a slow-growing kind, which is why I am alive and typing this, bothering you people, wanting to empty your wallets, lol; the other kind I have, well...lots more aggressive, and a real pain. So, please, think about St. Jude's kids. In all honesty, and according to the medical people, it probably started on me, when I was 13, after getting getting Mono, which is the Epstein Barr Virus. So, kids touch me hard. I think, how very lucky I was, am, and always will be. I look at those kids, I volunteer with and I really want them to have what I had, luck.

So, think about doing this for Christmas, and, then, no one can complain about how commerical Christmas is, eh... ? It comes around fast. Doing this is what Christmas is all about, giving.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/inde...nnel=ba0b7ff0be118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

Become a Partner in Hope!

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I make this pitch every year, and people run from me when they see me coming, but, I run fast, and catch them. But, here you can't run. lol, you can decide not to read, but, I bet you don't. :) So, here is my pitch. St. Jude's Hospital. What I am about to propose makes a great Christmas thing to do. It really helps those kids.

Just so you all know, I have been doing this before it hit me at age 43. I was 21, when they told me they thought I had Leukemia, but, I shrugged them off, thinking how dare they! I only had a kidney stone.... naught. lol. Twenty some years later, the truth came out, I have 2 different forms of Lymphoma, what they saw when I was 21, was Indolent, a slow-growing kind, which is why I am alive and typing this, bothering you people, wanting to empty your wallets, lol; the other kind I have, well...lots more aggressive, and a real pain. So, please, think about St. Jude's kids. In all honesty, and according to the medical people, it probably started on me, when I was 13, after getting getting Mono, which is the Epstein Barr Virus. So, kids touch me hard. I think, how very lucky I was, am, and always will be. I look at those kids, I volunteer with and I really want them to have what I had, luck.

So, think about doing this for Christmas, and, then, no one can complain about how commerical Christmas is, eh... ? It comes around fast. Doing this is what Christmas is all about, giving.

http://www.stjude.org/stjude/v/inde...nnel=ba0b7ff0be118010VgnVCM1000000e2015acRCRD

Become a Partner in Hope!
Cookie, if it makes you feel any better, I have had a subscription donation to St Judes for several years now. Those pictures they send us are real tear jerkers.

Cookie

Reaction score
The place is amazing. I was there six times in 4 years, for doing something with the kids. An amazing place. I am glad to hear you have a subcription, I wish more people would subscribe. I answered all kinds of questions the girls ( and boys) had, concerns. I remember once, a girl, about 15, asked me, if she would ever have a boyfriend, this was really her concern. She was just a normal young lady with health problems, who wanted a boyfriend when she got older. Wow, I hated that question, because I knew the answer, all too well. I just told her to get well, then, worry about boys. :) The place dotes on the kids, and just to make you feel better, where your dollars are going, the kids profit from every dollar you send you Bob.

You are a good man, Bob.

ShockHazard

Reaction score
Fine, I'll be the racist.
A big difference between the Western world and Eastern is, in the East it is always acceptable to rip off a customer. It's always a buyer beware situation. If someone is dumb enough to pay $2 for something most people pay .75 for, what's the loss anyway?
And just to be a little more racist, I have had a huge problem over my life with Indians short changing me in convenience stores. Almost every time, it is missing singles in a change return.

Who knows.

In your store owners defense, promotions like this are performed by vendors, and often even the owner of the company has no idea there is some kind of sale going on in his store. They too, are very sneaky people (I once had a Pepsi vendor try to trick me into buying $700 more soda than I had ordered).

Cookie

Reaction score
I haven't been in that store since, I won't be ever. For what it is worth, he lost my business.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, if you want to hear something funny, today I was in a supermarket and, this nice, older woman started talking to me. She was great! We parted, but as fate would have it, we ended up in the check line together, but, on opposite sides, so, she leans over and says, " hey we meet again!" I said, " did you find everything okay?" Then, this woman started shouting at me, " HOW DO YOU THINK, I AM I AM 83!"

Whoa. She continued yelling at me. I was getting embarrassed, thinking, what others thought I might had said to his old woman, lol Then, I said, " I asked, if you found everything okay?" Ready for this? lol.

She started shouting at me again, yelling and pulling out some fruit in a container, " LOOK! THEY CHARGE 5 DOLLARS FOR THIS!" and, it went on and on...

I never bagged my stuff so fast, and said, " have a nice day" and ran, out of their. With hearing, I swear on everything holy.... hearing this:

WHAT'S SO NICE ABOUT IT!!!

I sat in the car for a few minutes getting my head straight, then, saw her coming, I floored it it out of there, before she saw me.

One minute nice, next minute a lunatic. :)

Now, I know she probably had dimentia or something, but, I swear after working too long with women, next job= no women. Where I work part time now, it is equally as insane most of the time. Discounts flow like water from them, I gave a discount to a mentally challenged woman and got reprimanded. A very slow person, who really would appreciate it. So, I mumbled, about the hormones dripping off the walls & making the floor slippery, lol. Funny, they are all divorced, wonder why, :)

This one woman says, " my ex husband didn't start drinking until, after he married me!" I told her more than once, I wouldn't say that too loud, lol, everytime she says it, she gives me the laugh for the day. She doesn't get it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks