Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Costco Titan Premium Food Waste Disposal
The Costco Titan food waste disposer has to be the cheapest made disposer on the planet.
I didn't know they could use so much plastic in something that was supposed to grind up food waste.
One big problem I saw when troubleshooting a problem with one, was the small diameter of the dishwasher inlet. It was so small, that it backed up water onto the kitchen counter through the air gap.
Any disposer sold at a home center would be better than this, and for less money.

Now that I've seen one, I would never install one for a customer.

A much better disposer would be a Insinkerator Badger five,
Or if you want a better one, the Insinkerator Pro Essential.

Yes, that's what you are looking at.
Very much plastic on the Costco Titan.
If you want to see contrasting reviews, check out the TITIAN PREMIUM T-1060. It seems that some people are happy that it powers on, and then there are those that removed them after a few months when they lost their new car smell.

costco_titan_disposer.jpg

costco_titan.jpg

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
disposers

They do not make them, they just have their names put on it. By looking at the mounting system you can identify the manufacturer, regardless of the name on it.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
Plastic flanges to the sink

I NEVER install anything that has that black plastic mounting flange to the kitchen sink...

they are nothing but trouble and will eventually leak
or vibrate loose....

I have installed a couple of them with SILICONE
instead of plumbers putty and won the battle

the mounting flange will tighten down well if you use SILICONE
but it is never comming off again

I guess .......to hell with the next guy that has to fool with it.....

I tell them to take them back and
I offer them a ISE unit or tell them to go to
Sears (which is made by ISE)

Restlis

Restlis
Reaction score
Hi, everyone. I am new to this place. But i know more about Chinese products.
I have been helping people sourcing quality products from China in the past, and i have been very successful.

There are bad factories providing bad products of course, but there are also good factories providing quality products. you just need to be careful how you choose your products. I once helped people sourcing Dengshang Garbage disposal from China, it was a good experience. I don't know how to post pictures here, so i will just leave their site for your reference. www.cndengshang.com

If anyone need profeesional help, let me know.

dengshang_disposer.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
If anyone need profeesional help, let me know.

If you want to help the chinese industry, someone needs to give them a wake up call. There will be a revolt in this country against the CRAP that is being sold here. Just heard on the news that they killed off several more babies over there because unscrupulous milk vendors slip stuff into the milk to save money. If they are willing to do that to the children in their own country, what will they get away with on export???

Restlis

Restlis
Reaction score
If you want to help the chinese industry, someone needs to give them a wake up call. There will be a revolt in this country against the CRAP that is being sold here. Just heard on the news that they killed off several more babies over there because unscrupulous milk vendors slip stuff into the milk to save money. If they are willing to do that to the children in their own country, what will they get away with on export???

Well. I know lots of bad stuffs are happening in China. And you can not just rule all good stuffs out just because of some bad stuffs. Even in USA, there are bad things happening all the time. People would do anything for money, not just in China.

The key is to know who you are dealing with, choose your partner careful. And that is where i come to play ... helping people choose.. I didn't mean to advertise for myself. But i just want people to know
not all things happening in China are bad...And not all things happening in USA or EU are good...

FYI, I am not helping Chinese industry. I am helping myself get more business, to help more people. Becase there seems to be lots of people buying from China all the time.

scubasteve103

Reaction score
Titian Premium T-1060 garbage disposal

Costco sells a garbage disposal called the TITIAN PREMIUM T-1060. Reading reviews on Costco's site, there are as many (12) who absolutely love it and as many (12) who absolutely hate it. It has a 10 yr warranty and is currently on sale for $79.99.

Looking for a professional opinion on this product.

I'm about to start construction on a new home. The subcontractor for my plumbing uses BADGER garbage disposals est. $100. Is not familiar with the Titian brand.

Thanks,

Scuba

titan-t-1060-removed.jpg

Removed this one today, 2/21/2022
The plastic collar was leaking. It takes a real effort to remove this.
Terry Love

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT appears to be a "rebranded" Whirlaway, and as such, it would NOT be one of my first choices. ISE, which makes the Badger disposer, (NOT a Disposal®) makes MANY models, and many rebranded makes, is my first choice.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Well, I have NOT used a Badger One for a long, long time. My lowest recommendation is the the Badger Five, so he might not have given you his best shot.

vlee99

Reaction score
Badger 5 Leaking

Well, I have NOT used a Badger One for a long, long time. My lowest recommendation is the the Badger Five, so he might not have given you his best shot.

My Badger 5 is leaking at the bottom reset button a little after the 2-year warrentee expired.
No leaks externally. Water damage on cabinetry now.
I did buy the Costco one before reading this thread.
I hate to go back to the Badger 5, so what other brands to try?

Last edited:

CarlH

Reaction score
My Badger 5 is leaking at the bottom reset button a little after the 2-year warrentee expired.
No leaks externally. Water damage on cabinetry now.
I did buy the Costco one before reading this thread.
I hate to go back to the Badger 5, so what other brands to try?

I don't think this is typical for these units. I had a Badger 1 that did not leak until it was something like 14 years old. I replaced it with the ISE Evolution Compact. I like the Evolution series much better, because it is much more quiet and it has a stainless steel grind chamber. The Badger series grind chamber tends to wear away or corrode after a while and can let larger bits of food through. I'd give the Evolution series a try.

[video=youtube_share;9VH_N06zkkc]http://youtu.be/9VH_N06zkkc[/video]

The PRO Insinkerators have longer warranties than the Evolution Series

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
ISE disposers, and their offshoots, usually last long past the time when they should have been replaced, so your experience is not typical. ISE make MANY models besides the Badger 5, it just depends on how much you want to spend.

http://terrylove.biz/8_insinkerator
Seattle area installations

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks