How do I extend my faucet flex supply lines?

Users who are viewing this thread

Scott_V

Reaction score
I miscalculated and placed my angle valves too low and now the faucet supply lines won't reach....shoulda bought the faucet first. Can I buy supply line extensions? If not I guess my choices are to remove the compression angle valves, elbow the copper up a few inches....don't wanna do this now, looking for a quick fix.

Maybe supply extensions are not available? Maybe I just need to find a female-female coupling and add on another short supply line.

This hack needs help :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
Why in the world would you think you need to remove the valves? Why can't you just get a longer supply line? Do you have a faucet
with integral supply lines? If so, just get some more lines that match the valve outlet and whatever's on the end of the faucet line.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You buy two 3/8"x3/8" compression couplings, and two 3/8"x3/8"x12" or or longer, depending on what they have, braided stainless steel hoses.

faucet-supply-38-comp-38-od.jpg

Scott_V

Reaction score
You buy two 3/8"x3/8" compression couplings, and two 3/8"x3/8"x12" or or longer, depending on what they have, braided stainless steel hoses.

Would you mind posting a picture of the 3/8" x 3/8" compression couplings you refer to? The end of the braided hose comming off the faucet has a 3/8" female fitting with a rubber washer....doesn't sound like a compressing fitting to me. Thanks.

Kreemoweet

In the Trades
Reaction score
The threads of the nut at the end of the faucet supply line are meant to attach to a 3/8" male compression fitting, as is found on the vast majority of
supply valve outlets used today in the U.S. The fitting HJ mentioned is just a chunk of brass with a male 3/8" fitting at each end.

Scott_V

Reaction score
Understood.....already picked up the piece parts at the local hardware. Easy fix.....after you've done it once :)

Thanks for the help folks....

The threads of the nut at the end of the faucet supply line are meant to attach to a 3/8" male compression fitting, as is found on the vast majority of
supply valve outlets used today in the U.S. The fitting HJ mentioned is just a chunk of brass with a male 3/8" fitting at each end.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks