Removing pipes from wall to fix them

Users who are viewing this thread

Mad Plumber

Mad Skills
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is K Snipps and I need your help.

Several sinks in my home drain very slowly. I really started to notice it after my neighbor, Mr. Biggs, began washing his dogs daily at my house. I mentioned to him there was a problem with the pipes and that I was going to contact a plumber. He explained to me that allowing strangers into my home was a terrible idea.

I asked him how we could fix the pipes without a plumber coming to the house. He said the easiest thing to do was remove the piping from the walls and bring it to you. So how much of the piping do I need to bring to you? All of it? And what kind of a turnaround can I expect?

Please write back soon as my friend Toby is eager to get started. He's already wearing his goggles and twirling around a sledge hammer.

Thank you for reading and responding to my letter.

Your friend,

K Snipps
CT

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Dear K Snipps

Yes, bring it all in. Cut the pipe into 6" long pieces. I will have all of the pieces cleaned and ready for you to pick up in 8 months. My fee is $10,000 and must be paid by certified check in advance.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Mr/Mrs Snipps, or is it "Snipe" as in "snipe hunting"? Rather than cut the house and piping apart, a better method would be to burn the house down and then once all the piping is exposed, we can clear out any obstructed sections. Letting plumbers into your house would be a good idea, letting Mr. Biggs into your house, with his dogs, was a BAD idea.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Dear Sir or Madam:

My name is K Snipps and I need your help.

Several sinks in my home drain very slowly. I really started to notice it after my neighbor, Mr. Biggs, began washing his dogs daily at my house. I mentioned to him there was a problem with the pipes and that I was going to contact a plumber. He explained to me that allowing strangers into my home was a terrible idea.

I asked him how we could fix the pipes without a plumber coming to the house. He said the easiest thing to do was remove the piping from the walls and bring it to you. So how much of the piping do I need to bring to you? All of it? And what kind of a turnaround can I expect?

Please write back soon as my friend Toby is eager to get started. He's already wearing his goggles and twirling around a sledge hammer.

Thank you for reading and responding to my letter.

Your friend,

K Snipps
CT
where I live, if you place all your copper pipes out at the curb at night, special people come around and clean them up for you, no charge.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
HJ and BobL 43, you guys are trying to run me out of my new business!
Gary, you can come and take away my next door neighbor's sectional couch that's been in front of her house over a week so far, and has been rained on several times already. The special people are leaving this here. Looks real pretty: NOT!

Bluebinky

Reaction score
Slow down, there's no need to remove all them thar pipes. In Texas we fix them pipes from up on the roof. The open ones coming up through the roof are called vents. Just take out y'alls six shooter and unload a round down each one. That'll clean em out real nice and purdy. Just make shure y'all aim real good.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Okay, since I see a " madam" in the greeting, lol, I reckon that is directed toward this little filly here, so, I say, have your wife or girlfriend or both, fix them. :)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Assuming that the OP is asking a real question, no, you don't normally remove pipes to clean them. Now, maybe a trap and a trap arm, but not the pipes in the wall. If the pipes in the wall are so clogged that they can't be cleared out, you'd tear them out, trash them, then rebuild things with new ones in a manner that they wouldn't get clogged. Clearing out pipes in the wall usually requires a professionally trained person with a proper snake. There are a lot of people that claim to be good at this, but by no means are all of them. The smaller, ********** snakes often just poke a hole in the problem, and it will soon return. A proper cleaning opens the full diameter of the pipe, and assuming it was installed properly and not degraded (like say cast iron or galvanized that is all rusting and maybe ready to rust through), it should then work for a long time without problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks