make bladder a holding tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

jeeper1

Reaction score
so Im new here and as my first thread I have a good question....so far i have a 380 ft submersible well with a pressure tank. The pump is having issues building pressure. What i have done is lowered the shut- off pressure to about 20 and taken most of the air out of tank. Then I added a shallow well pump and bladder tank that supplies house, set this at 55 lbs. My question , is this a proper way of using pressure tank as a holding tank? I guess I really need to change the down-hole pump and put in a surface tank for the long haul.....

Thanks for any replies.....:cool:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The answer is no. A tank that is designed only for pressure should never be subjected to a potential vacuum.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
so Im new here and as my first thread I have a good question....so far i have a 380 ft submersible well with a pressure tank. The pump is having issues building pressure. What i have done is lowered the shut- off pressure to about 20 and taken most of the air out of tank. Then I added a shallow well pump and bladder tank that supplies house, set this at 55 lbs. My question , is this a proper way of using pressure tank as a holding tank? I guess I really need to change the down-hole pump and put in a surface tank for the long haul.....

Thanks for any replies.....:cool:

That is a pretty good Bandaid on a bad situation. The problem comes when the booster pump is putting out more than the well pump can give it. You shouldn't need the booster if the well pump was working as it should. Your well pump is not puting out what it should or you have a hle in the well pipe. If you don't fix the real problem, it won't be long until you don't have any water to boost.

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
It's a bit like using duct tape to stop the oil leak on your truck.

It might work for a little while, but you will be much better off just fixing it the right way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks