and this is why there are codes

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedy Petey

Licensed Electrical Contractor
Reaction score
No, this is why they need to maintain and keep up with problems.
I did not watch the story, but places like this get beat to crap and NO ONE ever wants to pay money to fix problems properly.

Rich B

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
A common problem.....Water and electricity and a very real danger and sadly a little girl was electrocuted. Someone is going to be sued and rightly so........A public place and they did not adhere to std procedures for electrical safety.

GFCI's in a wet area application ......seems like a no brainer.....

Reaction score
GFCI's in a wet area application ......seems like a no brainer.....

Possibly it was the lack of a brain that created the hazard. I had trouble getting the video to play, but I seemed to have caught a snippet suggesting that someone had replaced GFI breakers with standard.

Possibly because electricity was leaking out of the pump and by golly, gotta keep that pump running?

Rich B

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I installed some gfci outlets in my basement a while back. I know any outlet in a basement should be GFCI but I never had them and only really have a couple down there anyway. I ran new plumbing for 2 washers and added a new GFCI outlet for each washer.

My basement has never flooded (40 years in the same house) untill last year in the big storms in September.....2 times in 2 weeks I had 6" of water covering my basement(S) It's a two family duplex.... I had 2 pumps running and extension cords running the pumps.......I was slopping around for days in barefeet in the water trying to keep it at bay so to speak. I was very happy to have the GFCI outlets down there for this hectic ordeal......

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks