Wire and pipe broken off well pump

Users who are viewing this thread

chrd00

Reaction score
After no water pressure and power inside, went out to the pump. wires broken and no pipe either. Any thoughts on how to get the pump out..or could we leave it in and put in a new pump?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Maybe you got lucky and someone stole your pump. A little more info would help but as toolaholic mentioned, you need a pro before you make a bad situation worse. This is no time for DIY.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
...set a new one a few feet over the old one.
I'm going on the assumption that the pipe broke off at the top and that there is now a lot of pipe sticking up above the pump precluding the OP from setting a new pump a few feet over the old one.

Now assumptions are all we have to go on since the OP makes no mention of the size of casing, depth of well, pitless or sanitary seal, etc. Maybe he got lucky and the pump unscrewed itself from the bottom of the pipe, and all the pipe is still hanging from the pitless.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Well ,You could have someone run a camera down the casing, and try fishing with a snear. You would need to disinfect the camera head and cable 1st
Also disinfect Your well after. Folks in the well business have past experience with this and are invaluable to You. Also, If You can find a well Pro with a camera, it may only have been used ,in wells only and be clean . Good luck

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I have heard everything now.

babybigeyes.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks