2 bowl sink to 1 bowl sink drain conversion

Users who are viewing this thread

pontiacta79

Reaction score
we just replaced our sink which was a 2 bowl 2 drain sink to a single bowl sink, we have a dishwasher which was hooked up to drain into one drain line and i need to know what i need to do to convert over to the new sink which only needs one drain line. is there anything special i need to do to the DW drain pipe? and the other drain line? i can re plumb to use either drain line from before and with the DW if that will make any difference. thanks for any help. also we live in NC if that makes any difference also

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Branch tailpiece is what you need.

branch-tailpiece-for-dw.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; No disposal. Have a septic tank system

And what does that have to do with it. I have had septic systems AND disposers for over 35 years and they have coexisted peaceably. In fact, the majority of homes with septic systems in this area ALSO have disposers. But for you purposes you need a "dishwasher branch tailpiece" between the sink drain and the trap.

sink-single.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks