Romex®

Users who are viewing this thread

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
At the request of Southwire we must either type while holding down the Alt key 0174 when talking about Romex® or refer to it as NM-B, NM, or non-metallic cable.

You adherence will be greatly appreciated.

Mikein1967.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I prefer to just refer to it as 'Kleenex®' Folks will understand what we are talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
"Why would I give a rats a$$ about south west wire ?"

to respect JW's request and the avoidance of a lawsuit for Terry?

Good answer BobL. You should get a Gold Star.

I would gladly give up some of my Field Rats, Butt and all for some Copper ®Romex wire.

I would have to save some of the Rat Butts for my cats to kick and for the Snakes to eat tho.

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Oh my yass! And mickey would like to be called mr. Mouse from now on, or disney will send the suits! Romex romex romex romex.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Oh my yass! And mickey would like to be called mr. Mouse from now on, or disney will send the suits! Romex romex romex romex.
Oh you maverick. And Don, please, you don't have to be so formal calling me BobL, you may call me Bob. We have enough BobL:p heads around here.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I think I see the forum Police coming for Mr. Mouse.

I hope the cats are put up.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You made my morning, thank you mr mouse nm nm nm ps i hate terminex !!

You're welcome. Glad I saved that old picture to use some day. you can call it Romex®

Just hold down the ALT key and press 0174 on the numeric keypad if you did not already know that.

If you were in NY like me, I'd have you pegged as a troublemaker from the start, but I give you more credit to start being you are in layed back California

so did I mean laid back or layed back?

Last edited:

Toolaholic

General Contractor Carpenter
Reaction score
Oh no this explains it all

I grew up in BOSTON ! Left in 78 .threw My heavy thermals off the Golden Gate bridge. If I want SNOW ,I go up to our Sierra Cabin at 7000 Ft. Elev.
Funny, Built homes on Cape Cod and Plowed Snow each winter. I stole a Beautiful girl from Levettown Looong Island. Go Sharks,Bruins, sox
FUCX THE YANKEES. Tool the old Marine. Now You understand Brother!

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I grew up in BOSTON ! Left in 78 .threw My heavy thermals off the Golden Gate bridge. If I want SNOW ,I go up to our Sierra Cabin at 7000 Ft. Elev.
Funny, Built homes on Cape Cod and Plowed Snow each winter. I stole a Beautiful girl from Levettown Looong Island. Go Sharks,Bruins, sox
FUCX THE YANKEES. Tool the old Marine. Now You understand Brother!
You are correct; the spunk is an East Coast thing

Reaction score
Romex is a brand name. I don't walk in the supply shop and ask for 12/3 Romex. ....I walk in and ask for12/3 non metallic. I understand they ate being picky, but who cats, a professional doesn't refer to a chapter 3 wiring method by a brand name.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks