days remaining Fleck 7000SXT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Lifespeed

Reaction score
The metered Fleck 7000SXT can't be coaxed to display days remaining until the Day Override, can it? Obviously, it displays the gallons remaining.

Or must I mark my calendar to confirm softening capacity still remains at the end of the cycle before regen? My DO may expire right around the same time as my gallon capacity.

F6Hawk

Reaction score
I can't find a way in the manual to make it show days before override. But whichever comes first, the day of override, or the gallons used as programmed, it will regenerate. No need to mark your calendar. If you reach capacity, it regens. If you hit DO yet still have capacity, it regens.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The "Day Overide" feature has a couple of functions. first is for applications where the water use is intermittent. The day overide will force the system to regenerate if the gallon capacity is not reached before the DO is reached. It is a great feature for seasonal installations, the system will regenerate itself and keep itself clean during the off season. Non electronic metered systems lack this feature. If water use is consistent and you simply have an oversized softener, you can adjust the DO to 30 days without any problem. For seasonal applications where there is no water use, the DO is often set for 14-30 days, depending on the person programming the system and local water conditions.
You can set the DO in low level programming, simply press the up and down arrow buttons together for 8 seconds, and you will enter low level programming. Hit the regen button to advance through the programming until you see DO XX xx= days between forced regenerations. The DO is reset every time the softener regenerates, some people mistakenly think that the system will regenerate every 14 days, plus the meter initiated regeneration.

The second feature of the DO is the system can be turned into a timeclock system quickly, and over the phone. If the meter stops working and the phone diagnosis shows this, going into low level programming and resetting the DO to 4, will force the system to regenerate as a timeclock until the repairs can be made to the meter, cable, board, or whatever is causing the problem, until the repairs are complete, the system will at least produce soft water.

F6Hawk, you said it perfectly.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
The "Day Overide" feature has a couple of functions. first is for applications where the water use is intermittent. The day overide will force the system to regenerate if the gallon capacity is not reached before the DO is reached. It is a great feature for seasonal installations, the system will regenerate itself and keep itself clean during the off season. Non electronic metered systems lack this feature. If water use is consistent and you simply have an oversized softener, you can adjust the DO to 30 days without any problem. For seasonal applications where there is no water use, the DO is often set for 14-30 days, depending on the person programming the system and local water conditions.
You can set the DO in low level programming, simply press the up and down arrow buttons together for 8 seconds, and you will enter low level programming. Hit the regen button to advance through the programming until you see DO XX xx= days between forced regenerations. The DO is reset every time the softener regenerates, some people mistakenly think that the system will regenerate every 14 days, plus the meter initiated regeneration.

The second feature of the DO is the system can be turned into a timeclock system quickly, and over the phone. If the meter stops working and the phone diagnosis shows this, going into low level programming and resetting the DO to 4, will force the system to regenerate as a timeclock until the repairs can be made to the meter, cable, board, or whatever is causing the problem, until the repairs are complete, the system will at least produce soft water.

F6Hawk, you said it perfectly.
After reading all that, I guess you meant to say the answer to his question of "The metered Fleck 7000SXT can't be coaxed to display days remaining until the Day Override, can it?", is no it can't but...

Sorry, even with my imagination wide open and my interpretation skill set at 100%, I can't come up with your answer to his other question.

BTW, those on their own private well water... they should not allow more than like 7-10 days of no water use between regenerations of their softener. To do so is asking for problems.

Last edited:

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ditto; I guess anying more involved than a yes or no answer is no longer acceptable here. Let's try to keep it simple so Einstein can follow along LOL

BTW, nice answer and nice explanation. I'm betting Lifespeed will be appreciative of your helpful explanation. Others, not so much LOL

Lifespeed

Reaction score
Mostly I was just wondering if the softener would tell me when it was going to regenerate so I could verify no hardness on the last day before regen. Obviously, it tells me gallons remaining. But in my situation it is a toss-up whether it will hit Day Override (currently set at 24 days) or gallons of capacity first. So unless I recall the last day it regenerated there could be some uncertainty.

Chevy427

Reaction score
Mostly I was just wondering if the softener would tell me when it was going to regenerate so I could verify no hardness on the last day before regen. Obviously, it tells me gallons remaining. But in my situation it is a toss-up whether it will hit Day Override (currently set at 24 days) or gallons of capacity first. So unless I recall the last day it regenerated there could be some uncertainty.

Are you using test stips for checking hardness? I would just take a sample every day and monitor results.

F6Hawk

Reaction score

Well, I would suggest writing down your gallons remaining every day for a while to get a feel for the "when" it all happens, but someone here will tell you that is a bad idea, it's just time wasted. But as for me, I write it down every few days to get an idea of what is up, at least until I know more about my water quality. And I test just before regen, as you are wanting to do.

If your meter is programmed correctly, however, (what I am assuming your concern is) the chance of getting hard water before the DO regens is pretty nil. If you shared your water conditions and softener setup, I am sure most here will help you ensure it is correct.

Best of luck!

Lifespeed

Reaction score
I'm using Hach 5B to test. No big deal, I'll just make a note and check before Day Override if the gallons don't run out first.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
That is actually a very good way to do it. Especially if you want to really maximize the salt efficiency, but this can border on OCD like my grandpa used to do. When he died, I found his weekly log book for the softener. How many pounds he added, temperature of the softener room (it is outside, in an insulated closet with a 100 watt light bulb as a heater), raw water hardness, system hardness, gallons used... It was pretty cool to read through, and it was his ritual.

F6Hawk

Reaction score
Sounds like your grandpa was pretty thorough. Normally, I am not that adept at keeping notes, but I admire those who do. I used to work with a civilian who had notebooks on every unusual aircraft job he ever did. If we had a problem, he tore into his books, found the previous issue, and told us how he solved the problem. It was a valuable tool!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks