Toto Aquia wall hung v. Ultramax

Users who are viewing this thread

dbbarron

Reaction score
Remodelling a bathroom near a kitchen (public space) and would like the quietest unit possible.
Also going for a modern design, so a wall hung, tank in-wall unit would be an advantage - also easy to clean floor. Also using wall hung vanity for similar reasons.
The walls are 2x6 construction (even interior - the toilet is against a LB wall) so plenty of room for an in-wall tank.

So if I go conventional, I am thinking about the Ultramax. In-wall, the aquia.

Any thoughts on which would be quieter, better flushing, etc.? Other considerations?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The standard floor mount Aquia has a little edge on noise levels. I think you would be safe going for the wall hung Aquia.
I've been considering installing one in my home just to try it out.

Last edited:

dbbarron

Reaction score
Thanks Terry:

I may be over thinking this, however, in the case of a standard floor mount toilet, I have a solid 2x6 wall with a layer of sheetrock on either side (and kitchen cabinets on the kitchen side) to attenuate noise.

However, for a wall mount with in-wall tank, there is only 1 layer of sheetrock between the in-wall tank and the kitchen (plus the cabinets), and the toilet is (acoustically) coupled to one side of the 2x6 wall and potentially able to better transmit vibration through it.

Any comments on the above (other than I'm nuts and over thinking the issue).

db

dbbarron

Reaction score
I'm thinking the tank fill is likely quick and very quiet in any circumstance.
It is the air gap (right term) at the end of the flush that is the big noise and I don't think this resonates the porcelain, let alone the metal frame and wall - Thus, I don't think it will make much difference.

I just don't like the bathroom near the kitchen in the first place (it is located closest to the eat-in area to make matters worse.), but have to deal.

db

ThomasD.

Reaction score
Aquia Wall Hung Toilets

The standard floor mount Aquia has a little edge on noise levels. I think you would be safe going for the wall hung Aquia.
I've been considering installing one in my home just to try it out.

Terry, I don't expect you to remember me, but we talked about a year ago regarding your opinion on the Aquia Wall Hung Toilets. I"m at the ordering stage right now and would like to know if you have had a chance to try one out or have any other advice regarding it. I'm up in Alaska and water usage isn't an issue but good flushing is. Thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks