Moen shower valve moans

Users who are viewing this thread

ahosh

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Moen shower valve in my home's main bathroom. I am currently renovating my master bathroom and to re-run soem plumbing and rough in the new shower valve, I had to turn the main house valve on and off a few times. Now the Moen shower valve in the main bathroom moans when I move the lever to the hot side. It is a single handle and it seems to make the moaning noise anywhere along the warm water side.

Any ideas why or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Andrew

JerryR

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have a Moen shower valve in my home's main bathroom. I am currently renovating my master bathroom and to re-run soem plumbing and rough in the new shower valve, I had to turn the main house valve on and off a few times. Now the Moen shower valve in the main bathroom moans when I move the lever to the hot side. It is a single handle and it seems to make the moaning noise anywhere along the warm water side.

Any ideas why or what I can do to fix it?

Thanks!

Andrew

Call Moen at 1-800-289-6636 Describe the problem to them and they will send you a free replacement cartridge kit.

Just had same problem.

Jerry

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The problem with that answer is that if it is a Moentrol valve the noise could be in the pressure balancing spool and a new stem will not cure it.

JerryR

Reaction score
I just got around to replacing my Cartrige. Last week I attempted to break it free with the plastic "tool" included in the kit. No way would it budge. I called Moen and they sold me the REAL TOOL for $25 and shipped it FedEx.

I sprayed the old Cartrige with some PB Blaster 2 days ago. Tonight, With the REAL TOOL it came out. That tool works like a bearing puller where you can apply pulling pressure and at the same time slightly twist the cart. That did the trick.

JerryR

Reaction score
The problem with that answer is that if it is a Moentrol valve the noise could be in the pressure balancing spool and a new stem will not cure it.

Mine was a positemp from 2001.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks