new to wells---do I need a deepwater pump

Users who are viewing this thread

trd

Reaction score
I have not ever sunk a well before, but I am planning to in the next few weeks. Some of my neighbors have wells in between 35-45 feet. Most of the shallow pumps recommend 25 ft max, but the difference in price is about 100$. I am only planning on using this pump for my lawn, therefore I don't expect that it will have excessive use. Will I be ok to just go with the shallow pump....or am I going to end up with a broken pump

Also do you have brand and/or model that you recommend (that has a reasonable price...which to me is 175-225)

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
It's not about how deep the well is. It's about how far down the water is. My father had a 120 foot deep well but used a shallow well pump.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yeah no matter how deep the well is, if the water level stays above 24' you can use a shallow well jet pump. But I think a decent pump like a J7S will cost you 300-400 bucks.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Unfortunately for those of us who make a living in the pump business, I found them on the Internet for that price. :( So much for protecting dealers anymore.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks