What Brand/Model is this Shower Handle? Price Pfister OX8/JX8

Users who are viewing this thread

jthomps7

Reaction score
Hi all,

My shower handle seems to have broken off because the mounting screw holding it in place has disappeared. It's an easy fix if I can find the right part! There are no visible labels on the parts I've uncovered. Here are some pictures. Can anyone figure out where I should look for this part?

Thanks!!

photo 2.jpg
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

photo 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

jthomps7

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for the lightning-fast response. I think you're right. Hoping that what I need is part 971-130.

jthomps7

Reaction score
Thanks! I believe it is the set screw that I'm missing. All the internal mechanisms seem to be working fine, it's just the handle popped off and the set screw appears to be missing.

On a related note, if I wanted to replace all the trim, could I easily swap that out if I stayed with the Price Pfister brand? I'd just replace the trim only and not the internal mechanisms.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Staying with the same brand is generally the only way there is a possibility of reusing the rough-in. That doesn't mean that they still make trim to fit it, though. A call to them or a search on the website should tell you for sure. If you are the original owner, they may send you the part(s) for free if there's a problem.

green30joh

Reaction score
How do I remove the cap from this Price Pfister shower handle?

Anyone know how to remove the cap from this PF shower handle?

Any idea the what model it is?

Thanks!!

PF_1.jpg

PF_2.jpg

index.php

The chrome end threads off. The screw is behind it.

jthomps7

Reaction score
New Plan of Attack...

Staying with the same brand is generally the only way there is a possibility of reusing the rough-in. That doesn't mean that they still make trim to fit it, though. A call to them or a search on the website should tell you for sure. If you are the original owner, they may send you the part(s) for free if there's a problem.

Thanks for this! I ordered what I thought to be the missing set screw, but alas, it did not fit. So at this point, I am definitely just buying a whole new trim set. I'm eyeing this one:

It says it will fit over existing Price Pfister OX8 or JX8 valve bodies. Before I buy, could someone confirm that this will work for me?

Thanks!
pp_1361.jpg

pp_1357.jpg

pp_1358.jpg

HankTD

Reaction score
How do I remove the cap from this Price Pfister shower handle?

Anyone know how to remove the cap from this PF shower handle?

Any idea the what model it is?

Thanks!!
I saw your post today on the Terry Love Forum. I have exactly the same shower handle, and can't figure out how to remove it either. Did you ever find out how to do it? If you did, and could let me know, I'd be really grateful, I've been trying to get it off all day now, because my faucet is leaking more and more, and I can't ignore it any longer. Thanks!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks