O.K. I give up.

Users who are viewing this thread

aztom

Reaction score
I'm dismantling my ill-conceived project. 3 solar collectors connected with 5/8" heater hose that was supposed heat my floor.
I'm just going to plumb the pex tubing in the floor to my electric water heater and call it good.
Anybody want to buy this unneeded stuff?
I live in central Arizona.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Get in touch with Al Gore he may have some use for them.

John

Hackney plumbing

Homeowner
Reaction score
I'm dismantling my ill-conceived project. 3 solar collectors connected with 5/8" heater hose that was supposed heat my floor.
I'm just going to plumb the pex tubing in the floor to my electric water heater and call it good.
Anybody want to buy this unneeded stuff?
I live in central Arizona.

Like what do you have for sale?

aztom

Reaction score
Just three flat plate collectors, mainly. I have them plumbed with new top-quality 5/8" automotive heater hose, insulated.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
What was the problem ?

Just three flat plate collectors, mainly. I have them plumbed with new top-quality 5/8" automotive heater hose, insulated.

What kind of problem did you have with them ?

Maybe you can come up with some other use.

I hate when that happens.

aztom

Reaction score
Don, the loop in the floor is already plenty long, and adding the distance to and through the panels and some right angle elbows just makes it too restrictive to get enough water flow.
But also, the only place i have to put them is in the front area where they're visible to God and everybody, and my wife doesn't care for that. Now I know I could disguise them a bit and pretty things up, but I'm thinking this is just not a happening thing.
We get electricity for around 6 cents a kilowatt-hour at night, so I'll just plumb the floor circuit to the water heater.
That circuit will be long but doable.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Seems like a Old School Rug would do the job.

What ever happened to the Basics of life ?

People have become spoiled, I do believe.

Good luck on your project.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks