WTGO-4 Oil Boiler - Question

Users who are viewing this thread

DNYC

Reaction score
I have an oil fired WMC WTGO-4 tankless boiler, which is being used for both heating and hot water. Howerver, there is a few min delay when the water heats up, which is uncomfortable especially during the winters. After doing some limiter research, my two options seem to be to either add an indirect fired tank or an on demand natural gas fired water heating system. Any suggestions? Also, if you can provide reliable brands that i can use to complement my heating system. Thank you.

Gary in NJ

Reaction score
Your boiler is designed to work with an indirect water tank. That might be the most cost effective solution. The WM Gold40 runs about $1,100. I use the Gold40 in my 4 bath house and have never run out of hot water.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Lots of good brands out there...I'm running a SuperStor Ultra.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
We sell Super-Stor and Amtrol's Boiler Mate both of which are excellent choices but as Jim said, there are lots of them out there. Your temperature problem is either a failing tempering valve or the limit is set too low on the boiler. In either case though installing an indirect is the cost effective way to go and while you are at it have them install an outdoor temp re-set control and watch your oil bill drop dramatically.

Gary in NJ

Reaction score
...and while you are at it have them install an outdoor temp re-set control and watch your oil bill drop dramatically.

I read this recommendation and went and did some research. I installed a TACO ZVC404 just a few months ago and now I'm kicking myself for not getting the ZVC404-EXP. Adding the outdoor temp re-set control (TACO PC700) would have been so simple had I done this.

I guess I can always put the ZVC404 on ****.

DNYC

Reaction score
Thank you for all the suggestions. I think I'm gonna go with WM Aqua Plus 55 tank. Any suggestions as to how much this job might cost? Which additional accessories will I need with the install?

Tom... I don't think its a failing tempering valve, as the boiler is year and a half old and the temperature is set at nearly 200 degrees F. I think Gary is right, indirect has to be installed with these systems, because the boiler coil capacity is low.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks