Looking for an Eljer Newport

Users who are viewing this thread

RRW

Reaction score
One Piece white compact ADA, I am happy with it but flange cracked and it is now discontinued. Any help, thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
When American Standard bought out Eljer some years back, they stopped making any of the old Eljer models. There are still some items produced with the Eljer label on the box, but they are essentially re-badged AmStd items. If you are so in love with it that you are willing to schlep around all over town looking for one in the boneyards, well...be my guest. You could also solicit on the bay or the list.

Gulsah At ASB

American Standard Brands
Reaction score
Website
www.americanstandardbrands.com
One Piece white compact ADA, I am happy with it but flange cracked and it is now discontinued. Any help, thanks

Hi RRW - Have you visited our website www.Eljer.com to see what you are looking for may be there already. You can also call the customer care team. Please call 800-442-1902 Monday through Saturday 8:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. EST

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
These old first generation low flow toilets were not very good to begin with. I know you have been happy with it, but there is still room for improvement. I suppose if you can find one cheap, that would make you happy. However, if you do find one it may costs as much or more that a brand new Toto Drake which would be a far better toilet.

RRW

Reaction score
Thanks much for all the responses guys, I checked the Eljer site and no joy. It looks much like the Canturbury but with the lever on the other side. Terry is right about its attributes, it is also a little more compact than usual, the depth to front of bowl is 26.5" iirc. Regards, RW

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Interesting that the lurking homeboys swooped in to suggest checking the website. They may be clueless, since they SHOULD know fullwell that the model is no longer made. Not exactly great customer help, just want to make a sale of SOMETHING.

I am starting to wonder whether these companies have auto-scanners that pick their name off any kind of site on the internet, and auto-generate a more or less meaningless response!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks