Well runs constantly, pressure does not decrease

Users who are viewing this thread

Jjohns

Reaction score
A little help, please! My well is running continuously. I shut it off at the breaker and the pressure (reading 70+) has not fallen after several hours. I drained the system and replaced the 40/60 switch. When I turned it back on, the pressure climbed back up to 70+.

I drained the pressure back below 60 with the pump off and it's holding at that level.

Any suggestions?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The pressure switch may be wired incorrectly and is switching the neutral but the neutral may be finding an alternate return.

Clydesdale

Reaction score
Even though you put a new pressure switch; doesn't mean it's preadjuated properly. Did you adjust it? When you replace it, you should of seen water come out the nipple which would determine what LLigetfa suggested. Like ballvalve said, buy a new psi gauge and see.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks