advice on wire gauge for built in oven

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Commercial kitchen equipment has been operating on GFCI protected circuits for more than 10 years so to just blindly say that a refrigerator shouldn’t be plugged into a GFCI protected receptacle just goes to show how little we know about such things.

But they do not use 8$ GFCI outlets from Won hung low industries. Usually a breaker, built to some real standard.

Chad Schloss

Reaction score
someone use the trademarked word or are you a little ******* off? lol. it's pretty pointless to delete posts.

Last edited by a moderator:

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
Let’s watch our language gentlemen. I have pitchers of my Great Grand Kids in my wallet and they are blushing.

JWelectric

Reaction score
But they do not use 8$ GFCI outlets from Won hung low industries. Usually a breaker, built to some real standard.

I have a question and don’t know but one way to ask it but don’t mean to sound insulting.

Are you so naïve as to think that the receptacles are made at one place and the breaker is made at another?
Depending on what brand you are buying both are made here in the good ole USA and some of both of them are made elsewhere.

MTcummins

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have a question and don’t know but one way to ask it but don’t mean to sound insulting.

Are you so naïve as to think that the receptacles are made at one place and the breaker is made at another?
Depending on what brand you are buying both are made here in the good ole USA and some of both of them are made elsewhere.

I believe it has been asked several times what brands you like to use, as many of us have had bad experiences. Maybe the brand and its associated build quality is one of the issues... what do you recommend?

JWelectric

Reaction score
I believe it has been asked several times what brands you like to use, as many of us have had bad experiences. Maybe the brand and its associated build quality is one of the issues... what do you recommend?
go back and read post 35

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score

Only the average ignorant instantly convert debates into insults.

Never got near to the N word in my life. After extensive research, It appears every grade of GFCI receptacle comes out of Asia now. Perhaps the military makes some for themselves under contract.

The common breakers are NAFTA items, using many US components and monitoring, and coming our of Mexico. I suspect some of the breakers may still be made in the USA.

GFCI breakers are just commodities now, and as such can be counterfeited and made poorly, because the government is too busy looking for pot farms instead of opening containers at the ports and TESTING something crucial to life and limb.

Remember "death and electricity"? It's a ripe category for it.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/HUBBELL-WIRING-DEVICEKELLEMS-GFCI-Receptacle-2XB85?Pid=search HUBBEL - CHINA - COMMERCIAL

And here is a 150$ Mexican breaker - Purely corporate greed.

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/SIEMENS-Circuit-Breaker-3CNL3?Pid=search

NOW, to make this all a real conumdrum, here is a USA GFCI breaker for 1/5th of the import: this is likely why your refrigerators stay on:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/GE...cm_sp=IO-_-IDP-_-RR_VTV70300505&cm_vc=IDPRRZ1

If GE can make a profit on this, they can make the $158$ one here too, so that your budding electricians have some customers with teeth and houses.

And at the risk of boring you with "patriotism" here is a USA breaker for $8.75. This should make one support the guys trying to block the ports imports. We CAN do it here:

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/GE...cm_sp=IO-_-IDP-_-RR_VTV70300505&cm_vc=IDPRRZ1

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks