Ians corner is an Iowa vacant lot

Users who are viewing this thread

Pipehacker

Reaction score
Looks like our limey got all his USA questions answered. Got himself a new bicycle?

Not too much vacant land here in Iowa these days. High corn and soybean prices have farmers planting everything they can. Good time for farmers, bad time for wildlife. Ian, if you are reading this I do hope that you are well.

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I think that his computer crashed.

He may have been drinking moonshine and Visited a Website with Pieware and got the Nookie Virus.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Maybe his dog shot him or got his baton and worked him over.

Even if the nut is in the hospital, lets get him a lap top. Too feisty to die.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Some of Ian's last posts.

[h=2]Heart scan[/h]
I am going for a heart scan tomorrow at an American hospital.

Just routine, apparently, but fingers crossed nevertheless.

I will be going armed with two of my usual.

The first is when they ask for insurance. I always say public option.

The second is when they ask why I am there. The reponse will be that my wife doesn't believe I have a heart.

If I get to go to a pharmacee after, I'll unwrap the presciption and ask for six ounces of medical marijuana.

This quality stuff is just lost on Americans...

Just like roundabouts...​

I do have a heart and it is beating.

But that's all I know. They haven't called with the results yet.

True to form, I identified another problem in America. Lab technicians afraid to speak! They just say "wait 'til the doctor calls you", yet they must have a hunch.

It must be another case of this litigious society you live in.

I am also insured. So no probelms there. But one advantage of being foreign is that if the bills get too big you can always leave.

America has reach but credit history doesn't cross borders.

Besides, I refuse to give out my social security.

Thanks for all the well wishes.

[h=2]Funeral processions in America...[/h]
...are way too long. You have to sit there at the lights while every man and his dog passes with their flashers going.

Not so in England. Yes, you should give way to the hearse and one, or perhaps two, immediate family vehicles but you have gone way over the top here.

In England, funeral processions don't enjoy any privileges under the traffic regulations. They're expected to obey all the usual traffic rules. In addition, funeral processions have no special rights of way on roundabouts or at traffic lights. There are no concessions to following vehicles that risk losing contact with the hearse or the car in front and not finding their way to the cemetery or crematorium.

The exception to the rule is when a cortege comes under police control. This happens if it's a very long procession or if it's moving slowly behind a horsedrawn hearse. In these cases the police have the authority to hold up traffic at lights, junctions or roundabouts.

I think you need to regulate. From Washington.​

These were all posted in the same week.
It kind of took a somber tone.

Cookie

Reaction score
He doesn't call back Terry? I still miss Snowman, never knew where he went either.

Last edited:

Pipehacker

Reaction score
I miss him also. I don't agree with much of what he said but he could spark a good discussion and certainly meant well.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Like all artists, their work triples in value when people think them dead. Hopefully just testing us.

Yes.........I've been getting offers for Ian's Corner from a lot of publishers now that he's gone missing. This stuff here is like gold now that we can't get any more of it.

On a serious note, I haven't been able to find out anything.
The email address I have isn't being answered, and I can't find anybody on the East Coast with that name. How can that even be?

About Ian Gills

Biography:Hoodlum, born in 1261.

Interests:Robbing from the rich to give to the poor.

Last edited:

DonL

Reaction score
Maybe the Doctor gave him some new medications and was told that he could not drink alcohol with them, Then when he quit drinking it killed him.

I have seen that happen to many people.

In any case, he will be missed.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Ian used to go into the corner pub every Sunday and order three glasses of stout. When the owner asked him why, he said one was for his brother Bob, one was for his brother Ken, and the other was his. He said, "They are in other parts of the country, but we always sit down at the same time every week and drink together". One Sunday Ian came in and ordered two ales. The proprietor asked which one of the brothers had died? Ian replied, "Neither, I have stopped drinking, so I only need theirs."

DonL

Reaction score
Ian used to go into the corner pub every Sunday and order three glasses of stout. When the owner asked him why, he said one was for his brother Bob, one was for his brother Ken, and the other was his. He said, "They are in other parts of the country, but we always sit down at the same time every week and drink together". One Sunday Ian came in and ordered two ales. The proprietor asked which one of the brothers had died? Ian replied, "Neither, I have stopped drinking, so I only need theirs."

LOL

Now that is funny, I don't care who you are.

LMAO

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks