Best toilet with tank for under $250.00?

Users who are viewing this thread

mrthrills

Reaction score
I live in Wichita, Ks and will probably have to buy from Home Depot, Lowes or Builders Square. Are there any toilets you recommend for under $250.00 I can buy from any of these stores? Old fart here on SS disablity so don't have much in the way of money and I will have to install the toilet myself. The price needs to include the tank and a comfortable seat. TY for any info you can give me. 12" rough in.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you're going home center shopping, maybe a Cadet 3 or a Wellworth.

If you don't mind shopping elsewhere, then maybe a Toto Drake. Best

JerryR

Reaction score
Terry sells the Elongated Drake for $219 in his area.

There are also others that will have the Drake for about the same price. I bought two of them.
Jerry

Last edited by a moderator:

mrthrills

Reaction score
TY for the info. There seems to be an unending no. of Toto Drake toilets. :) I am looking at a Toto Drake Elongated 2 Piece Toilet CST744SB#11 Colonial White. Sorry to be somewhat gross but my son poops out redwoods and he uses 1/4 of a roll of toilet paper. (May be a slight exaggeration.) Will this toilet be able to handle loads like those? Also he weighs around 350 lbs. Any seat suggestions? TY again.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"Best toilet" is a very subjective opinion. My "best" toilet would not be any of those. It would be a Vitra which has a very "direct" inverted "U" passage to the outlet, not a convoluted one like many others, so it is very difficult to plug.

JerryR

Reaction score
TY for the info. There seems to be an unending no. of Toto Drake toilets. :) I am looking at a Toto Drake Elongated 2 Piece Toilet CST744SB#11 Colonial White for around $220 TY again.

The "B" in the model number indicates the the tank lid is bolt down. Ussually these are installed in commercial areas where owner does not want customers getting into the tank.

If you order a CST744S#11 without the "B" you will save about $21.

To see a Drake flush capability go to www.YouTube.com and in the search box type the 3 words, Drake 800 grams, and you will be able to see it in action.

Jerry

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The Drake works for probably 99% of the population, but for people with medical problems that produce long, hard stools, it may not work. The toilet of choice for that is probably one of the Caromas (made in Austrailia). It has a 3" trapway, larger than most anything else out there.

mrthrills

Reaction score
Thank you all for the help. I bought a Drake Toto Toilet CST744S#11. I do appreciate the help you gave me and will let everyone know how the toilet install went and how well I like it. TY again.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Glad you're getting the Drake, but a quick word of caution. Take the toilet out of the shipping boxes and inspect the contents for breakage before accepting delivery. Individual toilets are often are not well packed for shipping and breakage can and does occur.

mrthrills

Reaction score
Once again TY to everyone that helped with the choice of toilet. Very friendly and knowledgeable people on this forum. The Toto Drake I bought has performed very well even with my sons deposits. :) The box it came in had been sprayed with sticky foam and everything was in good shape. It took longer for me to take the old toilet out than it did to install the new one. Very pleased with the performance. Comfortable to sit on. One flush does the job. No smears on the sides so far. TY all again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks