Toilet Flange Lid Stuck (1 pic)

Users who are viewing this thread

zerolast

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Datey toilet flange with the lid stuck on it. Appears a small amount of the concrete I laid about 4 years ago got in between the lid and the flange opening. I'm thinking this is a screw on lid, but I could be wrong. Any help is much appreciated. FYI: There was a little protruding plastic piece on top I thought I could strike with a hammer and screwdriver to twist the flange and it quickly broke off.

Attachments

• toilet flange.jpg
    toilet flange.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 414

Jerome2877

In the Trades
Reaction score
Thats a knockout flange, it needs to be brocken out. I use a screw and drill it in to the center so I can hold on to it with a set of channel locks ( makes sure it doesn't fall down the drain) then hit around the edge with a hammer until you can pull it out.

zerolast

Reaction score
Much appreciated. Guess my google skills aren't what they used to be...could not find what this was anywhere. Thanks again!

Thats a knockout flange, it needs to be brocken out. I use a screw and drill it in to the center so I can hold on to it with a set of channel locks ( makes sure it doesn't fall down the drain) then hit around the edge with a hammer until you can pull it out.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks