America's discrimination against fat people

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
He probably wouldn't like my views on guns and taxes, but Americans on the American news have been arguing that Chris Christie (an American) should not run for President in 2012 "because of his weight".

Such an issue would never be discussed in Europe and yet Americans think it's fine to criticize another American based on their weight.

It's another case of where's the freedom? You guys talk-the-talk but don't walk-the-walk.

I hope he does run and win. Even if he is a gun lover.

After all, he can't weigh much more than Terry. Can he?

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Ian,
Seriously, do I look overweight here?
This was taken last Saturday. Six foot, one, and 205

rainier_terry_sue_1628.jpg

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No.

But you could be holding it in.

And 205 pounds on a five foot, 6 inch man would produce a very different outcome.

So you were lucky you were born tall.

I think he should run in 2012.

A tall man could.

Why not a "big boned" one?

PS That waterfall must have been airbrushed in. And the mountain.

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Time to dump Ian. He's insulted the man, and now trying to smooth it over. tut tut! or is it tsk tsk?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I'm not insulted, maybe. I'll talk to Ian about either when he comes out to Seattle, or when I visit my brother in DC

Ian, here's a closer look at the air brushed mountain.

What about wheel chairs? would that be okay? It's kind of a desk job anyway.
How about age? How old is too old?

rainier_terry_sue_1611.jpg

rainier_terry_sue_1576.jpg

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I don't think there is a "too old" in America.

You run your politicians much longer than most (they nearly all have grey hair).

And as for your drivers. Tsk.

Elderly drivers should be more heavilly regulated. In England, over a certain age there is a yearly test (I think) and your doctor can stop you driving as well.

In America, you have too many elderly people driving. Most are not safe behind the wheel. They should take the bus instead.

Ban drivers over the age of 70.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I don't think there is a "too old" in America.

You run your politicians much longer than most (they nearly all have grey hair).

And as for your drivers. Tsk.

Elderly drivers should be more heavilly regulated. In England, over a certain age there is a yearly test (I think) and your doctor can stop you driving as well.

In America, you have too many elderly people driving. Most are not safe behind the wheel. They should take the bus instead.

Ban drivers over the age of 70.

I actually agree with you on this, up to your last sentence. In the UK, at 70 you may be done, finished, feeble,blind and demented, but in the US, 70 is the new 50. Socialized medicine decides whether you deserve treatment or not.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
And there are no busses. Mom drove just fine to about 80.

As to the water brushed waterfall, I have one in front of my house, so maybe its time you got out of that prison sentence called D.C. and see what life can really be like.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Seniors should travel for free on an effective public transport system (which you don't have).

Taxpayers should pay.

Providing such services to the poor, sick and elderly is what separates us from the animals.

Embrace society!

Last edited:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Seniors should travel for free on an effective public transport system (which you don't have).

Taxpayers should pay.

Providing such services to the poor, sick and elderly is what separates us from the animals.

Embrace society!

go johnny one note

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The Cold War clearly left a mark on you Bob.

Well, it's over.

Pipehacker

Reaction score
My mother drove fine until she was 93.
Sort of.

Mine is doing fine at 82. If you see a silver Buick Century going 48 mph in the left lane with its turn signal permanently flashing, please give her a waive.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Things you can do in your 90's

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/james-love/steve-jobs-dead_b_997714.html

Steve Jobs had a great sense of what hardware and software could do. My mother, in her 90s, can use her Apple laptop and tablet to check her Facebook page. I know countless people who were both terrible or great at the geekier side of computing that fell in love with Apple's products, and benefited greatly from Jobs ability to design and make products that were both more powerful and easier to use at the same time. That said, it was not clear what his longer run vision was for society, other than to sell us more Apple products.
James Love

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks