Recessed light can located next to rain shower plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

ken.yong

Reaction score
I am planning to install an IC recessed light can (wet location rated) next to plumbing of a rain shower in a drop ceiling. Is there any minimum distance required between the light can and the rain shower plumbing? Does the light need to be GFCI? Thanks for any help!

MarkTLS

Reaction score
Website
www.TotalRecessedLighting.com
Recessed Lighting, Showers

Please make sure you use an approved "WET" location shower trim. Also we like the 4" Line voltage housing (wet location approved) with a CFL screwed in. Less heat and good bright soft light. Easy simple and inexpensive installation.

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Bzzzzzzzzzt!

I am planning to install an IC recessed light can (wet location rated) next to plumbing of a rain shower in a drop ceiling. Is there any minimum distance required between the light can and the rain shower plumbing? Does the light need to be GFCI? Thanks for any help!

If it were me, and there was the slightest possibility of being touched, I would protect it by feeding it from a GFCI circuit. Even if it is rated to be inside the shower, but not in it. I don't care if it needs to be or not by code, it needs to be by me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks