wet venting books?

Users who are viewing this thread

Phaedrus123

In the Trades
Reaction score
does anyone have a good recomendation of plumbing books that show wet venting isometric drawings etc,thanks

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
The International Plumbing Code with commentary is a very good place to start. You get wet, venting, stack venting, circuit venting and everything else associated with plumbing too. You can get it at the library.

Last edited by a moderator:

Phaedrus123

In the Trades
Reaction score
thankyou,i will look right now.i failed an exam on wet venting last week.at work we vent every fixture,i just cant get my head around all these other methods.thanks again

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Here is an example of a simple isometric.

Attachments

• wet_vent.jpg
    wet_vent.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 2,468

Phaedrus123

In the Trades
Reaction score
great,thanks.in my code book it says you can only wet vent a bathroom,unless i am misreading it.on my exam they had a diagram of a kitchen back to back with a bathroom and wanted everything wet vented,thru me for a loop.i individually vented everything and failed.thanks for the link

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
No, the kitchen would have to have an individual vent separate from the wet vent for the bathroom although the vents could be connected above the flood level provided they were sized properly. It would be almost impossible to bid competitivly without being able to wet vent if it's allowed.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
That is correct Tom,the OP did not say it was a K/S, you cannot wet vent a K/S back to back,each waste must be vented on there own.Or combo vent using a cross fitting.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Your description is a bit confusing, because if the fixtures are back to back on the same floor level, normally, about the only things which would be wet vented would be the toilet and bathtub/shower.

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
Your description is a bit confusing, because if the fixtures are back to back on the same floor level, normally, about the only things which would be wet vented would be the toilet and bathtub/shower.
You can wet vent a bathroom group with a kitchen sink as long as it is in the same group.
If the K/S is on it`s own stack then no!
At one time we were allowed 4 1"1/2 waste lines to wet vent above a water closet.
But that was a long time ago.

Last edited:

Phaedrus123

In the Trades
Reaction score
thankyou everyone think i got it.sorry about the confusion about the diagram,layout was double compartment kitchen sink on the same floor level and on the other side of the wall was bathroom.examiner wanted diagram in an isometric form showing 1.fixtures wet vented,2 stack vented,3 individulal vent.bathroom was toilet ,sink and tub,all fixtures on one stack.thanks again guys,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the sinks were back to back you would have used a "back to back fixture fitting", NOT a cross or double combo, but that would NOT be wet venting. To wet vent one tee would have to be stacked on top of the other but that would normally make one of the two either too high or too low. As for the diagram, the "side inlet tee" normally used for the tub connection is at the same elevation as the toilet's opening so there is NO wet venting section. Wet venting should be intuitive to use a little material as possible, and as such there should be NO need for "manuals or books".

Cwhyu2

Consultant
Reaction score
You are correct HJ I just looked up the IPC code section 202 says you cannot wet vet a K/S in a bathroom group,but you can wet vent with a lav and or tub as long as it is in the same room or group on the same level.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
In fact, you can wet vent two bath groups on the same floor using a single 1-1/2" vent.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks