Replacing an outside water bib?

Users who are viewing this thread

dereks

Reaction score
Yesterday, I caught a crazy woman stealing 1 gallon of water from the outside spigot. One gallon will not bankrupt me but she left it dripping. Since she acted insane and very inappropriately, I'm afraid that she'll turn on the water all night.

Is it easy to change the spigot to one needing a wrench or key like thing? It is hard to turn off the water so changing the spigot is the next best thing. What do I do after I remove the screw to the handle of the faucet?

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Just keep the handle of the faucet indoors, and take it out when you need it.

How did you measure the 1 gallon of water that she got ?

Around here the dogs and cats get water, because I leave it out for the needy. Humans welcome also.

Have a great day.

DonL

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Take the screw out of the center of the handle. The handle may stick a bit, but it should come off.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Depending on the make and model of the hose faucet, you may be able to remove the "bonnet" and replace it with one from a "keyless" faucet which needs a little "wrench handle".

SacCity

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
saccityplumbing.com
I went the other route and added a drinking fountain to my front yard.
Lots of people walking by, I thought it was nice to provide drinking fountain and a bench to sit on.
I get a lot of smiles and thumbs up from people walking by.
Michae
l
V2RHD.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks