Short Duct Run to Bathroom Has Little to No Air Flow

Users who are viewing this thread

kailor

Reaction score
I have a 3' straight duct run from the main trunk in a mobile home to a bathroom. It just does not have any air moving throuh it! How can I vastly improve the air flow into the bathroom?

Thanks.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
You may need a deflector in the main to direct air there. Or, put a booster fan in the duct.

TheycallMeDave

Reaction score
I have a 3' straight duct run from the main trunk in a mobile home to a bathroom. It just does not have any air moving throuh it! How can I vastly improve the air flow into the bathroom?

Thanks.

First, id make sure that tiny diameter duct isnt partially restricted with debris inside it (or partially crushed) ... then id run a larger diameter duct providing you have access to the main trunk duct where the branch duct is attached. You may want to run something fairly flexible thru the duct opening back to the main duct to make sure it is fully open without restriction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks