Boondoggle- shameful- Why to never pay taxes in the USA

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Here are about a billion dollars worth of unused [seem to be for nuclear fission materials] storage containers. Over a million pounds of government stupidity. Up for sale.

If the Gov had given any one of us the value of 6 of those, we could pay off our upside down mortages and buy a gold plated Toto with butt cleaner.

Note that they must be DESTROYED prior to removal. Pathetic, and amazing.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=4013849&convertTo=USD

Check out the cutaway. This baby would keep ice frozen for 1 year. I guess they dont want the Chinese to get them.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view_photo?eventId=7983&lotNumber=8100&picNumber=2

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I think we need a bigger Government with more Federal employees that live and work in Washington DC. Period.

I like the way they make decisions about your lives. I remain to be convinced that people here are actually qualified to make their own decisions about themselves and their families.

They need Government help. And I am all for that.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Would'nt it seem to you that a government that made [and wasted] some of the most expensive containers on earth, of the highest quality, would be disqualified from making even larger decisions?

Granted a factory in America provided a lot of jobs for a year or 2 to construct these, but they were just pissing in the wind.

Seems like that labor would be better used to re-open hundreds of those perfect, eco acceptable run of river micro hydro schemes in the east that closed when oil came in.

Probably 2 hoover dams worth of water power being wasted east of the Misssiippi. Unlike Solar, you get power at night and when the weather is at its worst. Perfect use of manpower and our taxes.

By the way, in that same auction, I bought $32,000 of NEW top quality 30" culverts for $732.48. God bless the idiots in government.

By the way, this one of very few lots that did not have the aquisition value. It likely was so high that they did not wish to make the national news.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
A little bit of waste here and there is to be expected. I still think the Government and all Government staff do a great job and I salute them for their public service.

We need a bigger Government providing more good jobs for people and better services for taxpayers.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WHoever buys them had better get a very good price, because the cost of demolishing them and then separating the various materials will be enormous, as will be the transportation cost.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Which is why porcelain tiles are still made in America. At least the ones I were laying today were.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
They will get them for 1/1000th of what WE paid for them, and then run them thru a car shredder which will automatically seperate out the foam, which is easy.

Big money in GOV ignorance.

Better to sell them to Iran, make a profit, for their "medical" isotopes.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Government is actually a lot more efficient than you may think.

If only it got round to some proper gun control it could save us all some serious cash, and some lives.

One thing that amuses me about Americans is that most of them seem to be living the myth that if they own a gun then they will be able to protect their family from violent predators.

Like you're going to be able to grab, load and shoot a gun when a gang of predators invades your home in the middle of the night and you're asleep in bed, perhaps naked. Like gangs of predators invade houses. They don't and you won't have the balls or the time to shoot them if they do. So wake up and smell the coffee. Stop living in a world that no longer exists.

Which is why we do not hear of gun-ho heroes saving the day. Just innocent people getting shot. Or teens shooting others by mistake while trying to show off. Accompanied by scenes of crowds of police running in late...very very late.

And then you start making excuses rather than dealing with the root cause of the problem.

The simple solution is ban guns.

But no. Not seeing the wood for the trees, you start asking questions like "why wasn't there a metal detector in the school?" Not, why could a teen have such easy access to a gun!!!!!

Or my favorite....we all need more guns to protect us from idiots with guns.

I know that none of this will be understood by the majority of you. The polls on anti-gun tell me that. You're still living the myth, you see.

But I have come to the conclusion that America will learn but the hard way.

I, for one, am not very happy about that.

Real men do not carry guns. They carry telescopic batons.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
I have a telescopic baton with a backup .22 caliber pistol built in for large, drug crazed gorillas that do not respond to pain. Perfect.

A large German shepherd dog, sleeping at the entryway, has unknowingly saved tens of thousands of lives this century. Crooks hate dogs.

Teens shoot because of the mind rot poison of computer games, and no access to the outdoors.

Yesterday, I was driving a bulldozer across a mountainside for about a 4 mile round trip. Beside me, around me, climbing all the boulders and trees was my 5 year old and his German shepherd. Deer live here like rabbits and squirrels out east. You could actually spear one from the car window. When they got a bit too close to the kid, the dog sent them far away. Dislikes strange humans even more.

Covered with ticks, cut, scratched, bruised and clothes so covered with stickers that its best to toss them. The rest of his buds were seing how many dragons could be burned and blown up on the screen.

Ticks and rock climbing and following a large bulldozer is far safer than computer games. Ban the games and drop the kids in the woods for a mushroom hunt twice a week. No more school shootings. Teach him to shoot at age 8, and teach the rules of engagement and safety.

Now you will not make the evening news for any reason. And feed that crazed, drug pumped ex-con with biceps the size of your queens hair-do, that you shot on your stoop to the dog.

And re-open the Catholic schools even if you have to dress teachers as fake nuns. And be sure they have telescopic batons, but leave out the .22 caliber portion.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
But you will never need to use it, and if the one-in-a-million oppotunity does arise I can guarantee you that that weapon will not be in your possession or loaded when you need it. Mugged on a train? Yeah, I'm sure you're going to use that.

So, instead, you keep it because you're living the myth, running the risk a young kid will take it and let the gun off by mistake while trying to show off to his friends.

We need to regulate guns, like we regulate other things that are dangerous. Everyone with a gun should have federally mandated training in gun safety. Police checks to make sure they are kept in gun cupboards. NO AUTOMATIC WEAPONS. Those sorts of things.

And all gun owners need to see a therapist to get the myth of "protecting their family" or "hunting the big one" out of their small minds.

Why didn't the Founding Fathers have the foresight to see that powder-loaded muskets would not stay that way forever? That's what not have a Royal background brings you. Thank God Washington never fulfilled his ambition of becoming King.

Last edited:

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Mugged on a train? Remember Bernie Schwartz or something? He blasted 3 or 4 drug crazed gang members tatooed like african villagers on the New York subway that were about to make him a cripple or a corpse. Aquitted. God bless America! He got his gun going in fine time.

We need not fear guns, we need fear a GOVERNMENT gone mad, and such governments have historically disarmed the public to protect their insane, monstrous, genocidal intent - which continues in China and Tibet today. Amongst many others.

Guns in the American public hands are a impenetrable system of checks and balances on the government. And monsters on subways.

As to "shooting a big one" : here in the Sierra mountains, deer have become so thick that they are a very serious danger to drivers, and many drivers have been killed. Hunters are greatly reduced, the lions have been trapped and poisoned to small numbers years ago, and the coyotes seem to have disappeared for no apparent reason. You could get some nice organic meat with your baton here, and help the enviroment by mimicking those missing predators.

My kid wont let me kill any, and I dont have the mindset for that anymore, but my car, and others has filled the freezer every year.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Remember Bernie Schwartz or something? He blasted 3 or 4 drug crazed gang members tatooed like african villagers on the New York subway that were about to make him a cripple or a corpse. Aquitted. God bless America! He got his gun going in fine time.

A 1 in 300 million occurance. The same as winning the lotttery.

Hardly worth the thousands of gun-related murders in this country every year.

We need not fear guns, we need fear a GOVERNMENT gone mad, and such governments have historically disarmed the public to protect their insane, monstrous, genocidal intent - which continues in China and Tibet today. Amongst many others.

Guns in the American public hands are a impenetrable system of checks and balances on the government. And monsters on subways.

Public servants living in fear of getting shot by madmen does not justify gun ownership. Quite the opposite.

]As to "shooting a big one" : here in the Sierra mountains, deer have become so thick that they are a very serious danger to drivers, and many drivers have been killed. Hunters are greatly reduced, the lions have been trapped and poisoned to small numbers years ago, and the coyotes seem to have disappeared for no apparent reason. You could get some nice organic meat with your baton here, and help the enviroment by mimicking those missing predators.

So you, Palin and the other farmers can keep one. But that doesn't mean you need an automatic (or are y'all that bad a shot). And it doesn't give the rest of America who live in towns and have access to public sewer an excuse to own a gun either.

We need to regulate guns. Else you are all mad for thinking I need a permit to change my gas water heater.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Bernhard Goetz he was acquitted on the attempted murder charges but was found guilty and served 8 months on illegal possession of a handgun.
There you have it Ian the guns are illegal in NYC and only the cops have them...

Yup its the Utopia you imagine in your rose colored glasses...
No crime...
The cops are in control....

Snickers......

Ballvalve

Reaction score
You need take gun safety classes here for a hunting license. My car is my unwitting hunter these days, drivers license only needed.

And you need wait 2 or 4 weeks for the fed to check you out to get your gun.

And we are at least trying by law to reduce the number 10 and 20 round magazines that were once for sale, which is indeed a perversity for the general public.

And the $35 aluminium pistols were banned many years ago.

I do not suggest shooting public servants, only that the number of guns in america, and a military that is not a mindless pack of automatons, preserves us from despot presidents, or good ones that went mad in office. That king that ordered all the first born children be killed in the bible had a unarmed populace.

Watch Dr. Strangelove if you have not. Peter Sellers old classic.... Issues of crazy governments and military. Milestone film.

Last edited:

Hairyhosebib

Reaction score
Every month one of the gun magazines will print multiple stories of how a citizen saved there own life and the life of their family by having guns in the home. I'm not sure if it is the American Rifleman or Guns and Ammo magazine. It is printed in the first few pages of each monthly edition. I think it might have been somewhere here in Arizona that some moron broke into a home. The teenage girl was home alone and blew the guy away with a shotgun. She grew up with guns and was properly trained with handling guns. Ian, you have been playing with that government issued home lobotomy kit again. That's the same kit that Obama and Congress uses. Police and government will never be able to stop gun crimes. Armed citizens are polite citizens. But I don't agree with letting people carry a gun into a bar though. Booze will make crossing the line of a bad decision far too easy here in AZ. I also think it is really dumb for government to demand that a citizen keep a gun locked in a cabinet or a trigger lock on it and have it kept unloaded. That is pretty useless if someone decides you will be his target for crime.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
I was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon a long time ago. A fairly serious crime in that jurisdiction. It was actually a routine traffic stop and the pistol had no round in the chamber [automatic .380] and the clip pulled back an inch. It was in a seat pocket where I had actually forgotten about from some target practicing.

Probation worked me up, and I wrote some letters explaining the whys and hows of that pistol in my possession, including a history of close calls working in the lower colon area of some large cities. Quite a few personal reference letters also.

Court date came, I was going to do a no contest, without a lawyer.

Sat there all day, never called. Finally the Judge stood up and asked me to come into his chambers. Yikes! Saw Alcatraz in my mind....

There, he made a very erudite speech about what he had learned about me and my intent as a armed citizen. I thought I had finally met a man of true sound mind and in a position of judgement that few could perform.

Dropped all charges, no fine, and .... said go to the police evidence building and get your pistol back.

When I went there, the cops actually laughed. Made a half hours worth of phone calls, and when they passed the weapon back, said " I've been here 22 years, and have never done this before".

If we could sort out, as the judge did, who is qualified to carry a weapon, this would indeed be a safer country.

When we had "father knows best" and the "Andy Griffith show" as about the only thing on TV, and
Frank Sinatra on the radio, We had a fairly safe and friendly country, where your kid could walk miles to school alone.

Now we have rappers singing about killing the cops and the gov, drugs like Pez in 1960, and death metal music with poppers for the 14 year olds. And an innudation of mind cancer on the satellite TV. Rome is headed into a deep decline. Camelot is burning.

Last edited:

Hairyhosebib

Reaction score
armedcitizen.jpg

Here is an example of some stories. These are reminders to gun owners why we have our 2nd amendment right to own guns so that we may protect ourselves from complete idiots!

Last edited by a moderator:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon a long time ago. A fairly serious crime in that jurisdiction.

Here we have permit to carry...
Either open or concealed carry is okay...
Actually I prefer to carry concealed as there are a lot of people that think like Ian here....
People are tweaked....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks