Toto help! the New Aimes toilet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Eurekabound

Reaction score
Hi Terry,
I need your help! I have been reading up on the Toto toilets, but not all info is current. I was decided on the Soiree model MS 964214CFG when I discovered the new Aimes! but I can't find anyone selling it, or even what the retail price is. We have well water/septic system, so I prefer the 1.6 GPF & realize the Aimes is 1.28, but wow is it nice looking! Do you have any info/advice for me? Selfishly, I prefer the best flush since we're not paying for our water. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
The Aimes apparently is a new model. I could not find much data on it when I Googled. One source I skimmed over indicated it was just introduced this month. It will be interesting to find out more information on this model. Terry probably has more accurate information than this, so stay tuned. As far as the 1.6 vs the 1.28, reports on this forum indicate the 1.28 work just fine, so I would not let that be a deciding factor in my selection.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Aimes® One-Piece High-Efficiency Toilet, 1.28GPF, with CEFIONTECT

ms626214cefg_zoom.jpg

$920 retail Cotton White
$699.99 would be my price in Seattle.

http://terrylove.biz/home/92-toto-aimes-one-piece-toilet.html

blackcomb_aimes.jpg

Aimes® One-Piece High-Efficiency Toilet, 1.28GPF, with CEFIONTECT

The Soiree has been working fine at 1.28, so this should too.

Last edited:

Herrada

Reaction score
The Aimes is really nice. Modern and classic at the same time. I was going to get the Carlyle, then I just saw the Aimes on the Toto website. I was wondering why I hadn't seen it before. Unfortunately, it is so new I can't find it anywhere yet. Hopefully it doesn't turn out to be too much more expensive than the Carlyle.

Herrada

Reaction score
before I placed my order for the new Aimes toilet, I checked the installation instructions. They appear to me the same instructions as for the other one piece skirted toilets. My question is how critical is the requirement for the position of the supply. the instructions say that it should be 8 - 10 inches to the left of the flange center line. I, of course, have a supply that is spaced 5 inches from the center line. With the Aimes, how much of the problem is this? The bottom rear profile of the Aimes (from a side view) seems to be further away for the wall than some of the other 1 piece skirted toilets. Does this make the supply spacing less of an issue, particularly is the supply is fairly close to the wall -- my supply comes off the valve at about 2.125 inches from the wall, and the end of the valve handle is about 3 inches from the wall. I can't tell from the pictures and my local Toto dealer doesn't have the Aimes on display (sales guy didn't even know about it). If I have to move the supply, I'll probably have to get a different toilet. It would be a PITA to move and cost $400 for a plumber to do it (significantly increasing the cost of the toilet swap).

I hope some one can shed some light on this. Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It should be fine, but I'd suggest installing a new 1/4 turn shut off valve while you are at it.

Herrada

Reaction score
Looks like they might be having supply problems with this one. I ordered it on 11/30/10 in Cotton White, and it was supposed to be in stock. A few days later they told me it was back ordered and it would be 3-4 weeks. Now they just told me it would be another 2-3 weeks. I wonder what I'm going to hear 2 weeks from now...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks