Toto Soiree or Guinevere review, installing, comments and pictures

Users who are viewing this thread

friendlycanuck

Reaction score
Thanks Terry for the reply

We have not run the supply line yet for the toilet as it is a new retrofit. Perhaps this is good...yes, no??

Also, does this toilet have a high water line. Nothing is worse that having to flush twice to clean the bowl above the water line. If not could you recommend a toilet that will flush down messes on bowl.

I have child who tends to use alot of toilet paper, we have pulled our hair out trying to teach her differently, we even have a trash bin next to the toilet for her to use for toilet paper but of course this doesn't always work and we need to unclog the toilet.

Thanks for your help
Robin

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I've sold about 150 of these.
There is less water in the bowl since 1992 in the US.
So unless you find an old 80's bowl, or since you are in Canada, just an old bowl, there is going to be less water.
They do clean pretty well though, at least they keep telling me that.

ms964-terrylove-02.jpg

Last edited:

friendlycanuck

Reaction score
Hello Peanut9199

I am in the Fort Frances area. I really like the look of Soiree Toto toilet but I am not sure if I like the 1.28 gpf. Is it available in the 1.6 gpf in Canada?

Thanks
Robin

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The 1.28 has been working fine. I have one with double cyclone right now.
If you reallly feel you need more rinse, just hold the handle a moment longer.

soiree_bone_1.jpg

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
The 1.6 Soiree is no longer available.
I have Soiree's 1.28 liter in my house and have no problems.
The closet i can find to you is Thunder Bay
CRAIG PLUMBING CENTRE
1263 AMBER DRIVE
THUNDER BAY, ONT P7B 6M4
807-345-1137
Almost a 5 hour drive

lennym

Reaction score
We bought the Soiree about 6 weeks ago partly because I read in this thread that it could be modified to flush with 1.6 gallons if the 1.28 didn't work out. We've had a G-Max Toto Carrollton for 5 years and it's been very effective.

The Soiree at 1.28 gallons has also been absolutely fine so far and has flushed everything we have thrown at it. Like the Carrollton and all modern toilets using less water you can sometimes get a skid mark. But what I have discovered with the Soiree's CEFIONTECT is that if it's below the waterline it will clean up perfectly by itself with the next flush after a short while.

One thing we appreciate about the double cyclone flush is that there is no normal rim, and no place therefore for dirt to hide under it. It's a cleaner bowl.

Timeo

Reaction score
Does a Washlet S300 fit the Guinevere fine? Any issues with using the S300 and this toilet?

drfelle

Reaction score
Just Installed Soiree

Beautiful toilet and a lot easier to install then most are making it out to be. The hardest part was drilling through the hard porcelain tiles with the 1/4 inch drill bit. Well, it was hard with a dull bit. I went to the hardware store and bought a 5 pack and used 3 of them. The porcelain tile really takes it's toll on concrete bits. Also, I did it WITHOUT a Hammer Drill, but a regular "ac powered" drill. So don't run out and buy/rent one if you don't have it.

If you're worried about the supply being to close, chances are it's not. If your house was built to code you'll be OK. You have a lot more room back there then you think.

Also, thanks to everyone who said this toilet was noisy. I was bracing for the worse when I first flushed the toilet. If the Soiree is noisy, I'm either deaf or have only had really really noisy toilets in the past.

I bought a second Soiree toilet and am anxious to install it.

Last edited:

TWEAK

Reaction score
Beautiful toilet and a lot easier to install then most are making it out to be. The hardest part was drilling through the hard porcelain tiles with the 1/4 inch drill bit. Well, it was hard with a dull bit. I went to the hardware store and bought a 5 pack and used 3 of them. The porcelain tile really takes it's toll on concrete bits. Also, I did it WITHOUT a Hammer Drill, but a regular "ac powered" drill. So don't run out and buy/rent one if you don't have it.

If you're worried about the supply being to close, chances are it's not. If your house was built to code you'll be OK. You have a lot more room back there then you think.

Also, thanks to everyone who said this toilet was noisy. I was bracing for the worse when I first flushed the toilet. If the Soiree is noisy, I'm either deaf or have only had really really noisy toilets in the past.

I bought a second Soiree toilet and am anxious to install it.

I agree... I installed a Guinevere and it isn't really hard at all.

I would be afraid to use a hanmmer drill on tile! Tile is brittle and cracks!

For your second toilet, don't use concrete bits. You can get cheap electrodeposited diamond core drill bits via online suppliers or the popular auction site. These have to be used wet (build a dam out of plumber's putty). These can be had for 5 or 10 bucks, but they are cheapies and will only last 4 or five holes - but FAST and make a clean hole. A good quality diamond core bit will cost more like 20-50 bucks... not worth it for occasional use. Send me a private email and I'll give you the source I use. Not contractor grade, but a good hole for not a lot of $$.

Last edited:

Reader Review

Comments by readers
Reaction score
Emails and phone calls sent in by readers
Website
www.terrylove.com
TOTO Soiree

Hello Terry,

Hope you had a nice relaxing weekend at the lake, it looked like a great place.
Michael and I installed the Toto Soiree in our main bathroom on Sunday and are very pleased with the look and function, wonderful toilets.

Thanks again,
Carrie M.
Walla Walla WA

k9

Reaction score
toto guinevere installation

Can somebody tell me the measurement from the back wall to the center of the toto trap hole is for the unifit flange. The hole with the gasket the toilet fits onto.

Im installing another Guinevere and I want to be sure its going to fit.

Thank you

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The standard 12" with the Guinevere will work at 11-1/4" from the wall to center.
A standard rough-in should be 12" from the finished wall, leaving 3/4" behind the tank.

You can also get 10" and 14" adapters if the rough-in is non-standard.

k9

Reaction score
That works, thank you
The standard 12" with the Guinevere will work at 11-1/4" from the wall to center.
A standard rough-in should be 12" from the finished wall, leaving 3/4" behind the tank.

You can also get 10" and 14" adapters if the rough-in is non-standard.

FunNut

Reaction score
We bought the Soiree in Sedona Beige, mainly due to the many favorable comments on this forum. It's been installed for several weeks now and I have to say I absolutely love the toilet. Our plumber put the water line too close to the centerline of the toilet, so we had to move the toilet further out from the wall, but it works fine. The water workings are hidden behind the toilet, it actually looks good. The flush is almost silent and no odd filling noises. Next step is finding just the right bidet seat. Our WC is on the northwest corner of the house and the seat is too cold now that cold weather is here.

We bought a discontinued 1.6 gpf floor model at a plumbing supply store in Santa Fe. It sat in the garage for months before being installed and when we opened the box (they reboxed it for us at the shop) we discovered the unifit parts were missing. The store refused to supply the parts, they literally told us tough luck, "what you see is what you get." My husband got on the phone with Toto Customer Service in Georgia and they sent the parts at no cost and didn't charge for shipping. Excellent customer service is hard to find anymore, so this was an extremely pleasant surprise.

I'm totally sold on Toto and the Soiree looks and performs beyond my expectations.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I think I've sold over 200 of the Soiree and the Guinevere toilets from Toto. Many of the customers like them very much. It's good to hear about the tech support from Toto. I rarely have ever called them, but it's been a good experience every time.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Here is an installation of a Toto Soiree in bone, it allows the use of a high bowl, and it fits under a banjo top. That's a tough combination to fit. A tall bowl, and a short counter over the top of the tank.

soiree_bone_1.jpg

Toto Soiree in Bone, Issaquah WA

soiree_bone_2.jpg

The caulking will turn clear when dry.

toto_dahl_valve.jpg

If the shutoff is 6" to the left of center you can use the old shutoff, this one was 5" to the left of center, which meant using a Dahl valve designed for the Toto skirted toilets. It's much shorter from the wall.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks