Are there any decent Solid Brass Kitchen faucets left?

Users who are viewing this thread

Firemark

Reaction score
I just had to replace a kitchen faucet at a rental property. It was an 15yr old Delta faucet that started to leak.

My trip to the big box stores offered nothing but plastic faucets. It was late in the day Saturday so plumbing supply stores were not an option. My guess is the one I bought won't last long.

Are there any manufacturers still making solid brass kitchen faucets?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The "no lead" requirements are making it harder, or more expensive, to make them. They are going to plastic in the areas where the water flows, so unless they line the brass with a plastic liner, making the faucet from more plastic is the easiest, and cheapest, way to comply with the regulations.

webbie25

Reaction score
Try KWC, solid brass and stainless construction but typically very contemporary and mechanical looking..

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Chicago, T&S Brass.

Both those companies have chosen to continue theri all-brass construction, using the new, more expensive, and costlier-to-machne lead free brass.

Last edited:

Gsalet

George the Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.PlumbingPro.com
A Lot of companies make high quality faucets. Kohler Grohe, Chicago, Wolverine Delta has the same faucet they have been making for years in a lead free brass model. The trick to getting all these faucets is going to a Plumbing Wholesaler or your local Plumber.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I think that is a good point from George.....it is all about the money. Lead free brass costs. Many , if not most, of the faucets at mass market retailers, or builders grades, are made to meet a price point demand. The "good stuff" may only be available through large supplier, at a cost of course.

Firemark

Reaction score
I think that is a good point from George.....it is all about the money. Lead free brass costs. Many , if not most, of the faucets at mass market retailers, or builders grades, are made to meet a price point demand. The "good stuff" may only be available through large supplier, at a cost of course.

Thanks for the feedback.

I'd rather pay once for "the good stuff" than have to deal with repeated issues and replacements. The only reason this 15 yr old faucet failed was some abuse by a tenant. It's too bad the big box stores have chosen the price point option only and not offering the better quality products.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks