We really are in trouble now

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
And all because you guys were so afraid of the Commies and Big Government that you weren't man enough to regulate the banks.

No one knows who really owns their homes. Great. And challenges are being made on whether foreclosures are legal because the banks didn't keep the paperwork. Great. Which means foreclosed homes will just hang around ages because no one will buy them. Great.

This is the end. The best I might get out of it is a free house. But then it won't be worth very much if I do.

Imagine an America in which no one is paying their home loans.

What a mess.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Yeah, RE is a mess Ian, that I will agree on.

People are getting more crass about things too. More difficult to get along with in the RE industry or the banking industry. I suggest people to do business with family local business. My mortage is held by a smaller bank, that has been in business forever, and they are still growing in my area. I recommend people interested in buying property to do the same, because to be quite honest, smaller business just care more and will try harder across the board.

~~~~~

This morning something happened while trying to mail a letter which shows alot of people's mentalities these days. Talk about grumpy...

Scenario, I am heading into the post office to mail a letter to my son. I am standing in the line which I can never understand why it is long, at all times of the year, when they complain they are losing money. Whatever. I am standing in line. Patiently waiting my turn.

I hear the woman tell the woman in front of me, they have Bart Simpson stamps. Wow, that is the one I want I thought.

I get called over and I told this man, an older man, maybe a bit older than me, that I wanted a Bart Simpson stamp on this. I was greeted with such rudenss, that at first I thought he was kidding.

He said, " I am not selling you one, you buy one of these." And, shows me an array of ugly stamps. I said, " I don't want those, I want Bart." He quipped, " you aren't getting one."

I stood there looking for cameras like this is for some stupid show on tv... but, I didn't see any.

I said, " okay, this is funny, now, I want Bart." He said, " I already told you twice, and I am not telling you again."

I said, " WHAT?"

THINKING, he can't be speaking to me, I am looking behind me now.

There got to be his kid in the back of me, but, nope, just other customers.

I said, " I don't know what your problem is, but, I want to buy a stamp and I am going to buy Bart."

He flings back the letter and says, " NO BART."

I asked him, again, " and, why can't I buy Bart?" " AS I TOLD YOU, HE IS SOLD IN BOOKS, DO YOU WANT TO BUY A BOOK!"

I am shocked... and angry.

I said, " how much for a book of Bart's then?" "7.80!" he is shouting at me.

I said, " YOU DIDN'T SAY THAT" just give me 2 of that stamp there! it was some kind of painting.

He said, " IF I PUT 2 OF THAT ON THERE, IT WILL COST YOU 88 CENTS, YOUR LETTER IS 78 CENTS, DO YOU WANT ME TO SPLIT THE STAMP IN HALF!"

I threw a dollar down and said, " you suck, keep the change." And, started to walk away.

He then, yelled at me saying, " YOU ARE A VERY PLEASANT WOMAN!"

I turned around, I walked back to him, and I said, " MY HUSBAND'S NAME WAS TIM, ( HIS BADGE SAID TIM) AND, HE WOULD HAD NEVER TREATED A WOMAN OR ANYONE LIKE YOU!"... he said to this, " WHATEVER."

I stood there, and said, " I am going back to my office and I am reporting you." And, he said, " go ahead."

I turned and fronted all the other customers, about 15 of them, and said, " DON'T go to him, he is a rude man." And, I left.

Men... what is it with men?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What do you expect when the foxes are guarding the hen house?

http://www.businessinsider.com/chri...they-were-getting-sweetheart-mortgages-2009-7

f

Funny thing the idiots in this state would have probably reelected him if he didn't decide not to run again.
If he did he probably would have been censured like his father was....
Apples don't fall far from the tree....

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Vote well.

I'm afraid the choices we have for replacement are no better....

The Dems have tapped our present Attorney General Richard Blumenthal AKA "Lying Dick" to run for Dodd's seat...

[video=youtube;wI7Hu6LcuWI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI7Hu6LcuWI[/video]

And the Republican's have come up with former WWE CEO Linda McMohan AKA "Kick Em In THe Ballz"

[video=youtube;M0jKMh3r86A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0jKMh3r86A[/video]

Frankly when someone wants to spend over $20M of their own money to be elected to help us I'm a skeptic...:eek::rolleyes:

She talks of smaller government and lowering taxes, but when the state rolls out tax credits for film makers to boost jobs in the industry in Connecticut, she was grabbing up over 90% of the funds for her company. She followed that up with laying off 10% of her workforce and paying herself a $46M salary...

How do you "Vote Well" with those choices?:confused::mad:

Redwoodvotesoften1

Reaction score
The penny FINALLY drops.

[video=youtube;80r90A9vtCU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80r90A9vtCU&feature=related[/video]

Hot Dang Ian.
I dint no that dem royals were doin the inbred thing.

We got summa dem livin down the road a piece jes like dat without the fancy clothes.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Well, now I have to get the Bart Simpson stamps.

On the other note.
How do you pay yourself 46 million and then start laying off people.

And she wants to ruin, I mean run things?

And on the other note, I'm English too.

love_coat_of_arms.jpg

And some other things too. I think my family went with the best of all breeds.
A little of everything. Heinz 57

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Oh, I remember the Loves. They used to live down in Suffolk. Until Richard moved to Virginia in 1642.

He wasn't the brightest of plumbers.

P1040067.JPG

Speaking of the 17th century:

Last edited by a moderator:

Cookie

Reaction score
Vote for the one who dresses the best; he or she, will make the best impression with the other world leaders. :)

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Vote for the one who dresses the best; he or she, will make the best impression with the other world leaders. :)

I'm confused...
Would that be the geek in the 60's suit or, the middle aged woman in spandex tights up on the top rope?

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I was not going to bring this up but I feel brave today. :) One of my goals in life was and still is, to be Mayor of the town in which I own camp property. Now, being that the population in that town is 692 people, it doesn't say much but, I just love this town. My husband said, I would make the coolest mayor being I own nice clothes.

... and shoes.

Cookie

Reaction score
Plus, I have this great idea for a new tax to be implemented. It is called the Man Speak TaX. If a man wants to speak he has to pay 250.00 a year first. Each year their will be an increase.

Cookie

Reaction score
Maybe not, but if he speaks in my neck of the woods and I am then Mayor, he stills pays. :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WHO goes to the post office to put a stamp on a letter? And don't you have satellite post offices which are not that busy? It doesn't sound like you were doing too much to defuse the situation.

Cookie

Reaction score
Actually, I am joking around with the Man Speak Tax, but in your case I will make an exception. First of all, it is my business why I go to the post office, secondly, the letter had to be weighed for I had pics enclosed of my grandson I had taken for him, thirdly, I certainly did try to diffuse the situation, but nothing no one could had said to him, would had made him not an asshole. I am of the old school, I believe in treating customers and people in general with kindness and respect. He did not.

I did call and report him, also. I really don't want to see anyone else, regardless of gender, being treated so unreasonably. I deserve an apology from him, to be honest.

And, a Bart Simpson stamp. :)

Cookie

Reaction score
Also, HJ, there are many people out of work who would treasure his job, and if someone like him, doesn't want it, ( actions speaking) then he should move on. Give it to someone who will appreciate it.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Bart Simpson on a stamp? If I was that guy I would toss them all in the trash. He did you a favor, since kids under the age of 21 have no business watching that sarcastic defamation of all things once sacred.

Why not get a Jane Austen or a Shakespeare stamp, or a Roy Rodgers next time? You would not be supporting Americas debased, deranged ideas for public art, and you might inspire that recipient to find something to READ rather than rot his brain on TV.

Tell us the post office so we can write in and thank that guy for trying to save you from our deeply disturbed system.

If you are of the old school, you would know better than to support a system that creates trash stamps.

Try Donald Duck, Chip and Dale, Yosemite, and author stamps. Even the three stooges would be a huge upgrade for your grandson from Bart derangement.

If you insist on buying garbage bart stamps, they should be priced at $7.80 each for a standard 44 cent version. The profits can go to Ian to redistribute to the blameless poor, and provide counceling for Americas future juvenile delinquents.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks