Trip Lever for 1940's tub

Users who are viewing this thread

Suzq

Reaction score
I am trying to find a trip lever plate for my tub. The lever does not go up and down but side to side. It also has the overflow in the underside of the plate. Where can I find a replacement for what I have? It works but I want a new/shiny one since we are renovating the bathroom. THANK YOU!

Attachments

• DSC03719.jpg
    DSC03719.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,072

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
If it's solid, take it to a plating company have them blast it and re-coat it with nickel or chrome.

Suzq

Reaction score
We are leaving the tub as is. It's in excellent shape.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is American Standard, but it is the one part that is not shown in my book, so I can't give you a part number, assuming it is still available.

DIYcauseIcant

Reaction score
I am trying to find a trip lever plate for my tub. The lever does not go up and down but side to side. It also has the overflow in the underside of the plate. Where can I find a replacement for what I have? It works but I want a new/shiny one since we are renovating the bathroom. THANK YOU!
--------------------------------
I have Stamp on Belly # 4 - 7 - 40E 1938 Cast Iron Tub(420 lbs.) that has one just like that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks