Brown water

Users who are viewing this thread

Wendie

wendie
Reaction score
We had a water softner that was not working for a few weeks, we installed a new one, and now our water is brown?? Can you tell me what is wrong? Never had brown water even when the softener wasn't working... thanks for the help

big dripper

Reaction score
We had a water softner that was not working for a few weeks, we installed a new one, and now our water is brown?? Can you tell me what is wrong? Never had brown water even when the softener wasn't working... thanks for the help

Can you describe nore about your water conditions and the types of softeners you had/have? It is hard to tell without more details.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Are you on a well, city water? Do you have iron in your water? If you fill a glass then leave it sit say overnight, does it settle out? Does it taste funny? What is the water analysis? How is the thing programmed? Did you install it yourself, or have someone do it for you?

jimtum

AAW
Reaction score
Chances are your water softener has not worked for longer than that and since you put in a new one it is removing the iron off of the pipes. But if you answer the above questions it may be easier to troubleshoot your problem

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks