Are the trap arms 2inch or 1 1/2 inch?

Users who are viewing this thread

GeronimoDF

Reaction score
Hi,
Just bought a double fixture fitting, but the side pieces are 1 1/2 inches. In this picture, are they 1.5 or 2 inches? Would it be a problem using 1.5 inches for the trap arms?
double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Thanks again,

Dan

Last edited:

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Hi,
Just bought a double fixture fitting, but the side pieces are 1 1/2 inches. In this picture, are they 1.5 or 2 inches? Would it be a problem using 1.5 inches for the trap arms?
double_lav_rough_1.jpg

Thanks again,

Dan

Looks like 1.5" to me because the trap arms look slightly smaller then the 2" branch.

1.5" for a lav like that is perfectly fine. You'll probably find that code says 1.25" is adequete.

Look on the 90* eblows. It should say on there what size they are.

Asktom

Reaction score
That is a double fixture tee and the 1 1/2" arms are fine. I don't much like the 1/4 bends below it without a cleanout, however. (A UPC oriented opinion)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The arms and the vent are 1 1/2" which is almost standard for a lavatory. IF the arms had to be longer, then a 2x1 1/2x2x2 fixture fitting might be used. Even with the "sweeps", good plumbing practice dictates that cleanout be installed in the vertical pipe, unless it is dropping directly into the main line. In the picture, IF I had to offset the fitting, I would have used 45's to make a "slight" jog and installed the fitting to the left closer to that sink than the right hand one.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks