The worlds best sewer tools and equipment !

Users who are viewing this thread

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
TO ALL PLUMBERS, DRAIN CLEANERS AND PROPERTIES OWNERS

TO LET YOU ALL KNOW AS OF JULY THE FIRST 2010 I HAVE GONE TO WORK AS A OUTSIDE SALESMAN

FOR TROJAN WORLDWIDE INC.

JERRY MAC HODGE
281-872-0415
MACSALESANDSERVICE@UTAHWEB.COM

http://www.trojantoolmfg.com/

HOME CATALOG CONTACT

Stallion Pony Colt Battery Operated Colt Cables Jet Machines Jetter Hose Camera Systems

Mailing Address:
Trojan Worldwide, Inc.
P.O. Box 10037
Houston, Texas 77206-0037
Physical:
Trojan Worldwide, Inc.
3306-C Ella Blvd.
Houston, Texas 77018

Toll free Phone Number:
800-392-4902

Houston Area Phone Number:
713-692-1140

sales@trojanworldwide.com

info@trojanworldwide.com

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
"World's best sewer tools", may be what the CALL them, not necessarily what they are. I sold my Spartan snakes, (which I got when I purchased another plumber's business), and stayed with my "PowerSnake", which I have used for about 38 years.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
I disagree with you hj, !

I make my statement from the point of view that I have used

Williams powersnake and many other

kinds and mfg's of different sewer cleaning machines in a wide

variety of jobs,

I would classify a powersnake as a rental or diy type machine but

nothing a serous drain cleaning professional,

I would rate mytana, gorlitz, duracable, etc. as the types of machines

of open basket type machines that a true professional would use and

I am open to discuss with you or anybody on this forum,

I state my opinions based on the wide range of experience I have

had using a very wide variety of machines over a 35 year career

working in real job situations

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
The reason that i stated that Trojan worldwide makes the worlds best

equipment is because most plumbers and drain cleaning professionals

prefer a enclosed or sealed drum

machine as the best overall type machine to use both inside buildings

and outside in the open spaces,

a sewer machine is a very expensive investment for professionals to

make and are are expected to last a very long time doing literally

millions of drain jobs

that have to be well built and rugged enough to stand upto very harsh

conditions and yet light weight enough to handled over rough ground

and up and down staircases without causing physical injury to the

professional using it and in my considered professional opinion the

Trojan series of machines make the most

out of these quality's in the right portions to last many years, stand up

to rough treatment, have the motor power to run long distances, and

clear very heavy stoppages,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Here, the machines also have to be "light" enough to carry up a ladder onto the roof, and the Spartan machines are NOT that way. My Burton, which is 35 years old, separates into a lightweight frame and the drum which can be carried up individually. I have used the Spartan 100 and 300, and did not consider them superior to the Burton, or the Generals I used back in Chicago. "Best" is in the eyes of the beholder and what he grew up with.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have taken a 100 machine up on thousands of roofs even two story ones when needed !

I could break down a 300 machine carry on roof put back together and power snake a

main line though roof vent and take back to truck in a 1 hr to 1 1/2 hrs. All day long

the 1065 you run from the ground up over the top rung of the ladder either with one or two men !
I have run millions of drains all over so. Calif. And the northwest pacific for more then

30 years !

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Here, the machines also have to be "light" enough to carry up a ladder onto the roof, and the Spartan machines are NOT that way. My Burton, which is 35 years old, separates into a lightweight frame and the drum which can be carried up individually. I have used the Spartan 100 and 300, and did not consider them superior to the Burton, or the Generals I used back in Chicago. "Best" is in the eyes of the beholder and what he grew up with.

I've cleaned a few drains in my time and I guess our on the roof experience is very different...

I for one have never been one to be on the roof clearing drains...

Maybe it's the construction of the homes around here with the steep pitched roofs because of the snow...
Maybe it's those older homes with the cedar shingled or, slate roof....
Maybe its the morning dew or, the light frost on that roof...

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
My work days and weeks were 12-14 hours per day 6-7 days a week including all holidays,

children birthdays, etc. And 1/3 to 1/2 my day snaking drains from the roof, clean outs,

pulled fixtures, and any other way needed to clear a blockage, you are welcome to call

my ex's to confirm this !

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
My work days and weeks were 12-14 hours per day 6-7 days a week including all holidays,

children birthdays, etc. And 1/3 to 1/2 my day snaking drains from the roof, clean outs,

pulled fixtures, and any other way needed to clear a blockage, you are welcome to call

my ex's to confirm this !

why do

you put

a line break

so often?

it

makes it really hard to

read what you're

writting.

And to say that a drain cleaning machine is a very expensive investment isn't true what-so-ever. If you spend $2500 on a drain cleaning machine and it last you 5 years before it completely blows up there is a pretty good chance you have made more then your money back.
The most important thing to me is quality of the cables for the machines.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying my first snake as a DIYer.

It looks to me like the K-50 is the machine of choice, for my small drains anyway.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
MACPLUMB 777 I'm pretty sure you call them the best because you are a SALES MAN, and it's in your best interest to tell people you only sell the best... Experience means nothing when you're trying to make commission.

Doherty Plumbing

Journeyman & Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I have the new K-400 and it's a great machine. It works great for what it does and it would appear to get a similar model (or atleast style) from Trojan Inc I would have to pay $3,000 USD vs the $750 CAD I paid for my Ridgid which does a great job and works just fine....

I'm all for having great tools that are a good quality and will last a long time. But I couldn't justify spending an addtional $2250 for the Trojan to do the same job.

For the price of a Trojan I could buy 4 Ridgid machines....

(This is for a k400 with autofeed and a Trojan Pony (#TR5555) with autofeed.

Although the Trojan does come with 6 more feet of cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AssTyme

Plumber
Reaction score
Why do the Trojan machines look almost identical to the Spartan machines ? I LOVE my Spartan 100 & 300 :eek:)))

AssTyme

Plumber
Reaction score
I have the new K-400 and it's a great machine. It works great for what it does and it would appear to get a similar model (or atleast style) from Trojan Inc I would have to pay $3,000 USD vs the $750 CAD I paid for my Ridgid which does a great job and works just fine....

I'm all for having great tools that are a good quality and will last a long time. But I couldn't justify spending an addtional $2250 for the Trojan to do the same job.

For the price of a Trojan I could buy 4 Ridgid machines....

(This is for a k400 with autofeed and a Trojan Pony (#TR5555) with autofeed.

Although the Trojan does come with 6 more feet of cable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The K-400 and Spartan 300 are not even close to being in the same class.

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
Sorry to take so long getting back to you on these questions and statements you posted

# 12.
I only tell it like it is I would not try to sell something I did not have complete faith in as I stand behind the machines, the same as Trojan Worldwide does with the best service plan in the trades

Apples and Oranges the Rigid k400 and Trojan pony are (2) different machines to compare it to the Trojan "Colt" which sells for $999.00 dollars U.S. Add the style and kind of cable you want.

# 15
The Trojan main sewer equipment is patterned after spartan by someone who had many years experience selling Spartan, but the components are all made and assembled in the U.S.A. All parts are 100 percent interchangeable with Spartans.

# 18
The Trojan pony runs either 5/8"x82' or .55''x110' feet of cable to run 3",4",or 6" main sewer line it will also accept with adapters the colt drums running 1/2''x75' for 2'',3'', 4'' sewers, 13/32'' x 75 cables for 1 1/2'',2'',& 3'' sewers or 5/16'' x 35 ft 1/4'' x 35 for small drains and is what i consider the best and most versatile machine on the market.

#18 a
You can also add second or 3rd. main line cables by changing out the drums to run over 246' of main sewer

MACPLUMB

In the Trades
Reaction score
I almost missed
Trojan makes the worlds finest quality oil tempered, heat treated, music wire cables and is the first to start offering stainless steel cables over 2 years ago and now has stainless steel closet augers,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks