Unique Tub drainage configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

tomtbone

Reaction score
Website
www.ottoplanet.net
We are remodeling our bath and putting in a new tub while moving it 6" or so. The issue I am running across is that directly below the overflow is the large horizontal cast iron pipe and directly below the drain is a joist. Can someone tell me if this type of configuration would work to attach a p-trap?

Previously, the tub was 6" back, and a drum-type trap was attached directly to the drain not overflow.

Attachments

• tub2.jpg
    tub2.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 634

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
you can get a drain in shoe type drain and have the p-trap directly under the drain.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You won't find anything that you could put together to make it work like that. A Watco "green flexible" waste has the trap right below the tub drain. And there are also drains which exit out the back. They have the tee pointing backwards instead of down the normal way.

watco_flex.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks