Uncle Knackers Demonstrates the Perfect Caulking Method

Users who are viewing this thread

uncle knackers

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Uncle Knackers Demonstrates the Perfect Caulking Method

Gidday Guys, Uncle Knackers here. I hope you don't mind but l have made a number of DIY Vids to share with my fellow renovators. Have a squizz and let me know what you think. Cheers. Ps Don't be to cruel on me! They are light entertainment with some good advice thrown in.

This is the link to my Caulking Video on Youtube.

Have a good one:)

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Why is an Aussie using "mountain music"? Shouldn't it be "Waltzing Matilda"? Half the video is watching him eat his Creamsicle. A wet finger and a damp sponge works for me, and I don't have to spend $2.00 on a popsicle.

Cookie

Reaction score
Kia Ora,

My audio card broke on my laptop but I watched the video anyway and now, I want one of those Paddle Pops.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is a product I have seen on the market that is supposed to do about the same job as the Paddle Pop stick. It is plastic and has several tips that allow different widths of caulking. It appears quite usable if one was going to be doing frequent caulking. I didn't feel it was worth getting for myself since my need to caulk is very limited. The stick might be a good idea for those of us that only caulk occasionally, but the wet finger works pretty well, too,.

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
Finger or stick really makes no big difference. The neat thing here is spraying a mist of water on everything after the caulk has been applied and before wiping so there is no "spillover" to go back and clean up later. I have an entire bathroom to re-do, and that kind of problem is one reason I have been avoiding doing it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks