Need the very best in 80 gallon water heaters

Users who are viewing this thread

MOVIE GUY

Reaction score
I need to put two new 80 gallon water heaters in my house soon. So my question is what would be the very best brand being made nowdays?

Thanks for your help..............

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
heaters

80 gallons means it is probably electric. The best heater is one that lasts a long time, but there is no way to tell WHICH one that is until after you install it and wait to see how long it lasts. Your best option is to go with the cheapest one you can find. Price has little to do with longevity.

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
80 gallons means it is probably electric.

Price has little to do with longevity.

Just curious why you say that. I'd think gas could recover faster without needing a heavier elec. service.

Yes, almost zero correlation between price and quality.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Personally I replace just as many 80 / 75 gal. gas heaters as electric...but what hj said about longevity is the way it is with electric heaters.....

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
Personally I replace just as many 80 / 75 gal. gas heaters as electric...but what hj said about longevity is the way it is with electric heaters.....

Here's a summary of my 35 samples on NG WHs replacement ages
17.11 =sample avg in years
35 =number of samples

Do you have any replacements ages for elec. WHs?

Even just 5 samples would be helpful. For some reason I can't get them off the Internet. I know it's supposed to be longer than NG WH lifetimes.
:confused:

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks