Shower hose to deck mounted spout

Users who are viewing this thread

CanAm

Reaction score
I need to connect a shower hose to a deck mounted tub spout or it's water supply. The spout has no threads so I figure I'll have to buy a device to use in place of the spout. Is this correct or can I still somehow connect to the deck mounted spout by using another part? This device or spout part will only be used to connect to a shower hose. No one else will use this tub but me.

Where can I buy such a device in Corona CA? What is it called? How much will it cost? And, can I do it myself or do I need to hire a local plumber?

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Your first course of action would be to hire a local plumber to determine whether or not it can be done with your current set up. it would all depend on the attachments to the spout which will determine if anything can be modified.
(I'm always with the attitude that anything can be done, Nothing is impossible, its only a question of money and finding the right person with the goodwill to do it)

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Somebody sells a tub spout with a built-in diverter and a fitting for a handheld. Now, whether they make one for a deck mount, not sure. I've never seen one in a store, but found them on-line. I doubt you'd find any generic adapter, you'd have to change some parts.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
Hi krow,

OK, so me buying some part at the local Home Depot is out of the question, right?

I highly doubt it. Someone would have to modify A part or parts of the faucet to make it work. Then depending whether you want the spout operational opens up another can of worms..

As I said in my earlier post
Nothing is impossible, its only a question of money and finding the right person with the goodwill to do it

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks