I really dislike American values.

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
The price of gas seems OK at the moment but everything else seems to be going up.

Or am I just buying more stuff?

Things are getting expensive again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
I think you're just buying more stuff.

Attachments

• CPI.jpg
    CPI.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 551

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
american values

I agree with you about american values...
we think we are the policeman of the world

if they keep de-valueing the dollar, its just a matter
of time before we simply wont be able to maintain
the "policeman of the world" atitude any longer...

what I cant understand is how they are keeping the
price of oil down when the value of our dollar is going into the toilet also,,,,,
I sort of wonder if it is to lull us into
a sense of well being while the currency is being destroyed....??

gas is presently 235 near my home ,,,, is that cheap ??

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I think your children are entitled to 4$-a-gallon gas Mark which will be needed to save the planet from global warming you see.

We need some cap and trade.

I'm hearing a lot on the news from Conservative "victims" at the moment, complaining about their taxes.

There's nothing wrong with a bit of pork.

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Ian...please show me any real science that proves that global warming is caused by fossel fules and is not just normal climate change that is going to happen reguardless...and then prove that any human efforts to do anything about it will work the way we want it to....

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
BTW Ian...pork...is what almost killed me...I don't want the USA to have a heart attack from it either...:D

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Ian...please show me any real science that proves that global warming is caused by fossel fules and is not just normal climate change that is going to happen reguardless...and then prove that any human efforts to do anything about it will work the way we want it to....

No Cass because this is simply common sense. http://www.google.com/landing/cop15/

And it's not human efforts that are really required....just American ones, namely doing something about your cheap gas.

Anyway I do not have to show anything. Your democratically-elected Government will act on this regardless, so the people have spoken.

Cap and trade, Government healthcare and democracy all go hand-in-hand.

I feel sorry for the poor Conservative "victims" and their taxes though.

But we owe it to your kids. And I am ready to pay more for them. Are you?

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Lets see..correct me if I am wrong...

you think humans caused climate change and humans changing the climate is all just common sense...

that no scientific provable data is needed to show humans have caused the problem and that anything we do will correct it...

and that historical data showing that radical climate changes that have occurred in the past, without human intervention, could not possibly be happening now...

All we need is common sense...have I got it right...

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
that no scientific provable data is needed to show humans have caused the problem and that anything we do will correct it...

and that historical data showing that radical climate changes that have occurred in the past, without human intervention, could not possibly be happening now...

Cass. There is ample evidence.....and a few crackpot Amercian scientists who are skeptics but seem to make the news here because Americans just hate paying taxes. I quite like paying taxes because I like to see how they help out poor Americans.

CO2 is a greenhouse gas and has conclusively been shown to cause global warming. And it's no coincidence that CO2 levels have rocketed since the industrial revolution, especially in America where the average American produces 4 times the CO2 emissions as the average Chinese person.

It's time for corrective measures, and we leave that to the economists.

And one of the best corrective measures, is a tax on your gas.

It's for the good of your (grand)children Cass who will have to live with and fix the consequences (I have none, so either way I am fine).

Common sense i.e. something even "common" people who in times of old could not afford to go to school should have been born with.

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
Ian ---it was too late 50 years ago

No Cass because this is simply common sense. http://www.google.com/landing/cop15/

quote]

IAN.. thanks for the al gore thingey.......

he makes a great case..and is probably more right than we all want to admit to...

their are 6 billion people on the planet and 90% or most of them are living in poverty or close to starvation... and the wealthy could care less...

no one wants to admit to the problem becasue it would mean that some countries standards of living would have to be dramatically reduced..

like the USA and England ......they are not willing to use 80% less...it is not going to happen...

unless everyone wants to stop re-produceing more human beings and consumeing, its not really going to matter cause it was probably too late 50 years ago....

something will happen , the Earth it self is changeing right before our eyes... very quickly in Geologic terms ....
when you consider you can go to Iceland and watch the glacires and ice flows
moving and crashing on their way out to sea...
they are very concerned up there....

We are really nothing more than microbes that inhabit this beautiful being.. and most of us are un-aware that the earth is actually alive and humanity is just a small organisim living upon it....

IAN...things could dramatically change almost overnight....

so you can all debate who is to blame till your jaws fall off....

I would rather just be happy and try to make life the best I
can with the short amount of time that is probably left...

before the poo hits the collective fan

Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ian, pretty soon that tongue of yours is gonna be too big to fit in your cheeks. ;)

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'm just asking the difficult questions Peter because someone has to.

If you know how to plumb a gas water heater, how difficult can it be to fix global warming? I mean, really.

If you cut the gas, the thing cools down. It's not rocket science.

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well, tis about to be below zero here for about a week so they say so I am in favor of all the global warming I can get. :D

When I was in college in the 70's, all the global scientists were warning of the coming ice age. Strange how that talk all shifted 180 degrees (no pun intended ) when no one paid any attention and there wasn't any money to be made off the whole prospect.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Yeah, but this is real this time.

Those were the 70s after all when Uncle Jesse was still a moonshine "ridge-runner" making the finest shine this side of the Mason-Dixon.

Jesse Duke drove a 1973-77 Ford F-100 pickup truck: a cause of the problem we see today.

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Well, tis about to be below zero here for about a week so they say so I am in favor of all the global warming I can get. :D

When I was in college in the 70's, all the global scientists were warning of the coming ice age. Strange how that talk all shifted 180 degrees (no pun intended ) when no one paid any attention and there wasn't any money to be made off the whole prospect.

Makin it sound like something it's not... The ice age cycles do predict global cooling, but only in a couple thousand years.

As for "all the global scientists"? Um, except maybe World Meteorological Organization - which issued a warning, in 1976, that "the World's temperature likely to rise".

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
the microbe wagging the dog

:D
I'm just asking the difficult questions Peter because someone has to.

If you know how to plumb a gas water heater, how difficult can it be to fix global warming? I mean, really.

If you cut the gas, the thing cools down. It's not rocket science.

Ian...this is really all just mental bs...
its actually impossible for us to do anything but hang on for the ride..........

Immagine with me if you will IAN..and Peter......
all of humanity is nothing more than a bunch of microbes that live on the very edje of a dogs rectum........:eek:
Everyone is trying to figure out some way how to keep this thing we live on from rumbling exploding some day.....

the greatest scientists we have already know that their is something going on but they cannot seem to grasp that we are like a huge rash on that dogs behind....

Actually, we are so very small that we cannot even think of ourselves as the tail trying to wag the dog......we are only microbes.....cosmically speaking.

So when the dog finally has had enough and starts to rub his behind across the carpet.....

that is when we are in for trouble....:D
------------------------------------------------------

IAN...
did you ever read the hitch-hikers guide to the universe??

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Ian...this is really all just mental bs...
its actually impossible for us to do anything but hang on for the ride..........

Immagine with me if you will IAN..and Peter......
all of humanity is nothing more than a bunch of microbes that live on the very edje of a dogs rectum........
Everyone is trying to figure out some way how to keep this thing we live on from rumbling exploding some day.....

the greatest scientists we have already know that their is something going on but they cannot seem to grasp that we are like a huge rash on that dogs behind....

Actually, we are so very small that we cannot even think of ourselves as the tail trying to wag the dog......we are only microbes.....cosmically speaking.

So when the dog finally has had enough and starts to rub his behind across the carpet.....

that is when we are in for trouble....
------------------------------------------------------

IAN...
did you ever read the hitch-hikers guide to the universe??

Yes I did read it Mark and I like it very much. If you can put a man on the moon, then you can limit global warming (I agree we cannot stop it).

It will require a rise in prices and taxes, some new technology and some new American jobs but it can be done.

You almost did it with the electric car before California flip-flopped.

It is known that there are an infinite number of worlds, simply because there is an infinite amount of space for them to be in. However, not every one of them is inhabited. Therefore, there must be a finite number of inhabited worlds. Any finite number divided by infinity is as near to nothing as makes no odds, so the average population of all the planets in the Universe can be said to be zero. From this it follows that the population of the whole Universe is also zero, and that any people you may meet from time to time are merely the products of a deranged imagination...a Conservative imagination.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks