Air handler in closet

Users who are viewing this thread

Jetlag

Reaction score
I want to install an air handler in closet but the supply houses dont seem to carry a louvered door except a bi fold which I never cared for. They also dont have a louvered grill that is made to cut into a door. What do most people do now to get air to the air handler . I can order the louvered door if that is what other people are doing .I dont want to cut a return air out thru wall.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You have answered your own question. Some very nice filter return grills are available, but you don't want that. SO you need a louver door. Available at any good lumber yard. They might have to order it, but can get it in a few days.

Once you determine how many square inches of return you need, you could cut the door. You could use a conventional return grill on each side for appearance. You would want to box in the cut internally. Assuming this is a hollow core door, you need to beef it up around the hole.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks