We have a new jeffery dalmer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
What better time to happen then right at halloween.
full moon night and all.........

a new "Jeffery Dalmer " wanna be has cralwed up
from underneath a rock in Cleveland...
already 10 bodies and counting...

http://www.comcast.net/articles/news-general/20091103/US.Rapist_s.Home.Bodies/

this loooks to be a pretty nasty on-going story.

Ian, do you have anything similar to this in England??
Jack the Ripper??

only in America.I guess??.....

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
No Mark. Stuff like that does not happen in England.

We send all the bad guys over here.

The real bad ones become Conservatives.

I suppose this is as close as we get... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

...but generally it's all hunky dory. Free health care, social safety nets, no guns, salaried firemen, licensed plumbers, liquor stores open on a Sunday...you get my drift.

There's no agreed derivation of the expression 'hunky-dory'. It is American and the earliest known example of it in print is from the US magazine The Galaxy, October 1866, and even the author of that early citation seemed unclear why the phrase was used:

"I cannot conceive on any theory of etymology that I ever studied why anything that is 'hunkee doree', or 'hefty' or 'kindy dusty' should be so admirable."

That citation does at least suggest that 'hunky-dory' was in common enough use in 1866 for the author not to see fit to explain its meaning, although it's a pity 'hefty' and 'kindy dusty' weren't explained as these have now disappeared from the language.

We do know that 'hunky-dory' wasn't conjured from nowhere but was preceded by earlier words, i.e. 'hunkey', meaning 'fit and healthy' and 'hunkum-bunkum', which had the same meaning as 'hunky-dory'. 'Hunkey' was in use in the USA by 1861, when it was used in the title of the Civil War song A Hunkey Boy Is Yankee Doodle. 'Hunkum-bunkum' is first recorded in the US sporting newspaper The Spirit of The Times, November 1842:

"Everything was hunkum-bunkum for immediate flight."

It's clear that the 'hunky' part of 'hunky-dory' is from the above usages. What isn't clear is how 'dory' came to be added.

By 1877, John Russell Bartlett suggested a Japanese influence. The 4th edition of Dictionary of Americanisms includes a definition of an earlier spelling of 'hunky-dory':

Hunkidori. Superlatively good. Said to be a word introduced by Japanese Tommy and to be (or to be derived from) the name of a street, or bazaar, in Yeddo [a.k.a. Tokyo].

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
He does appear to be socially liberal Mark. But I bet he is also fiscally Conservative. And his mom probably went to Church on a Sunday.

That is something I find funny about America. In England you are either liberal or conservative.

Here, you can be liberal on somethings and conservative on others. Cracks me up everytime.

The English started sending over English prisoners within 3 years after the puritans arrived. Until the American Revolution 50,000 prisoners were sent, then they had to find somewhere else to put their criminals..so Australia it was.

Remember, the British prison system was full to overflowing at the time, and a new place had to be found. England had resorted to using old ships - hulks - to place the convicts at night, but they were extremely unhealthy and overcrowded. Also, the West Indies and Africa were unsuitable due to disease and climate, and India already crowded.

Last edited:

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
I know what you mean......

He does appear to be socially liberal Mark. But I bet he is also fiscally Conservative. And his mom probably went to Church on a Sunday.

That is something I find funny about America. In England you are either liberal or conservative.

Here, you can be liberal on somethings and conservative on others. Cracks me up everytime.

Yea, its sort of funny...iisnt it???.

you can rape, pillage and plunder all week long
stack -em 10 deep in your basement .......

but as long as you make it to church on sundays..

you are good with the man upstairs...:D

is that a more liberal way of looking at the world or more conservative???

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It's conservative.

Neither liberals nor conservatives condone rape or murder. But as a liberal, you won't catch me in a church on a Sunday....or a Saturday.

Perhaps for a wedding...

Less God, more Government. That's what we need.

You may ask why we are such a Godless lot in Europe? Well during the two World Wars, Europe (including Russia) lost 50 million lives. The US, closer to 600,000.

That tends to dent church numbers a little.

Last edited:

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
5 times and we're just better at catching them.

There's been two murders in my town (population 6000) already this year here in the US. Both unsolved.

That would be unheard of in England (both the number and the fact they are unsolved). The number is due to guns, which are of course banned in the UK. So rather than murder we tend to get lots more of GBH and fights. The better bringing criminals to justice rate is due to something called "community policing", where people are more willing to talk to the police because the police work closely with the community every day. I don't see that here.

I am amazed at some of the communities' reactions to speaking to the cops in the US. It is quite shocking the level of distrust. Nobody talks. I don't understand why.

Last edited:

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Regular everyday murders - yeah, sure. We have 4 times as many of those, as England does.

I'm not sure why people distrust cops so much, here.

I've often wondered the same thing.

I was doing a job for this lawyer the other day, he's a trustee for the lady whose house I'm working on (she's 91). We got there early, she was at getting an award at the Legion Hall... so we're standing there, waiting, and the cops pull up to ask us who we are, etc.

I'm quite happy about this, thinking how nice it is that this lady's neighbours keep an eye out for her; especially when I see the cops seem familiar with her...

She lives there by herself (nursing aide in the day, but alone at night), is too frail to walk, and it's not the best neighbourhood. Maybe it was okay, back in '64 when she bought the house, but nowadays it's pretty sketchy. I worry about her sometimes.

So, I'm quite happy to have the cops turn up & ask us why we're loitering there. But the lawyer? Usually, he's a silver-tongued charmer, really smooth... when this cop asks him our business, he turned into a tongue-tied, stammering, idiot. I actually had to cut in and answer the cop's questions.

I've known him for 5 years, I have never seen him like that before...

Strange.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
I'm just glad you were doing the job for the lawyer and not him for you.

I bet he stammers in front of a judge too!

No, our town police are actually pretty good. It's the communities I worry about and why they obviously won't talk to them on the serious crimes.

At Halloween recently:

701015978_7bbxN-M.jpg

Last edited:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Ian...how much corruption is there among the police in England..

I'm just glad you were doing the job for the lawyer and not him for you.

I bet he stammers in front of a judge too!

No, our town police are actually pretty good. It's the communities I worry about and why they obviously won't talk to them on the serious crimes.

At Halloween recently:

View attachment 8809

Master Plumber Mark

Reaction score
Website
Corruption is terrible here

Ian...how much corruption is there among the police in England..

When you get politicians in charge like the Clintons,, stock brokers being given huge bribes , and the general govenmnent going corrupt like it is today,

its pretty hard not to believe that the police are not falling into line too. at the pig trough.

I would like to believe that its not that way ..

Cookie

Reaction score
It's conservative.

Neither liberals nor conservatives condone rape or murder. But as a liberal, you won't catch me in a church on a Sunday....or a Saturday.

Perhaps for a wedding...

Less God, more Government. That's what we need.

You may ask why we are such a Godless lot in Europe? Well during the two World Wars, Europe (including Russia) lost 50 million lives. The US, closer to 600,000.

That tends to dent church numbers a little.

Sorry, Ian but maybe would had been less if maybe, more praying.
God bless England and America.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Regular everyday murders - yeah, sure. We have 4 times as many of those, as England does.

I'm not sure why people distrust cops so much, here.

I've often wondered the same thing.

I was doing a job for this lawyer the other day, he's a trustee for the lady whose house I'm working on (she's 91). We got there early, she was at getting an award at the Legion Hall... so we're standing there, waiting, and the cops pull up to ask us who we are, etc.

I'm quite happy about this, thinking how nice it is that this lady's neighbours keep an eye out for her; especially when I see the cops seem familiar with her...

She lives there by herself (nursing aide in the day, but alone at night), is too frail to walk, and it's not the best neighbourhood. Maybe it was okay, back in '64 when she bought the house, but nowadays it's pretty sketchy. I worry about her sometimes.

So, I'm quite happy to have the cops turn up & ask us why we're loitering there. But the lawyer? Usually, he's a silver-tongued charmer, really smooth... when this cop asks him our business, he turned into a tongue-tied, stammering, idiot. I actually had to cut in and answer the cop's questions.

I've known him for 5 years, I have never seen him like that before...

Strange.

Maybe... you THINK, you know him, ;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks