Need Toilet with 14 inch rim height

Users who are viewing this thread

GreenTree

Reaction score
The only one I can find is the American Standard, Cadet Elongated Pressure-Assisted Toilet Model # 2333.100,
Bowl 3099.016, Tank 4098.1000

I'm not sure the pressure assist is the best choice.

Please help me find another Toilet with 14 inch rim height.

The low rim height is needed because we will add a toilet lift which raises the height by 4 inches. The toilet is for a short person whose feet won't reach the floor unless the total height is 18 inches, or less.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something- you say a short person. An ADA height toilet with seat is at 17-1/2". A 14" rim height with a 4" lift would put it at 18". Either of these are better fit for a taller person.

A typical non-ADA rim height is around 15-1/4".

GreenTree

Reaction score
Maybe I'm missing something- you say a short person. An ADA height toilet with seat is at 17-1/2". A 14" rim height with a 4" lift would put it at 18". Either of these are better fit for a taller person.

A typical non-ADA rim height is around 15-1/4".

Thanks for asking for a clarification.
The 4 inch lift is a motorized seat that raises a disabled person up off the toilet.

Have you come across any toilets with a 14 inch rim height?
Is there a web site that would likely list them?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

The first question that comes to mind, is that since the standard toilet is about 15" high, WHY would ANY company spend the time and costs to make even a SINGLE toilet 14" high when the worldwide demand for it might be exactly ONE, namely you. I doubt that you will find anything like you need.

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
14 Inch High Toilet

What you could do is to use a wall hung toilet and put the rim where you want it, :)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
toilet

Would a 10" high children's toilet, such as Crane's 3-210, work? The elongated bowl IS somewhat smaller than a standard one, but the height seems to be a factor.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
Would a 10" high children's toilet, such as Crane's 3-210, work? The elongated bowl IS somewhat smaller than a standard one, but the height seems to be a factor.

I was thinking a children's toilet as well, just wasn't sure on what the "lift" mounted to.

gwantz

Reaction score
14 inch toilet height

A 14 inch toilet height is also required by the ADA for school children from age 6-12 years old. I have contacted
American Standard 2 years ago about this, however, they did not care to listen. They said that I would have to appeal to have
the State and change the code. (they did not want to get involved)

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I sure don't see the problem, but maybe I'm missing something. You want a toilet that has a 14" rim height. A standard toilet is 14-5/8". I find in hard to believe that 5/8" additional height will make any real difference in the addition of the motorized lift.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks