Alteration to Washer Stand Pipe

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffro626

Reaction score
Hello, i am new to the forum and to blogging altogether. i have a very basic question, and if it is already been answered in the forum i apologize in advance. i was wondering if it is a bad idea to alter an existing stand pipe for a washing machine in order to bring the mouth closer to the edge of a counter. i am in an apartment, and my hose does not reach the wall. i roll my washer out when i use it and into a closet when i am done.

the pipe is in a recessed wall box and i would like to use pvc elbows/couplers attached to the mouth of the existing pipe to bring the drain out along the wall and out to where i can access it easily. i know the drain has to be 2" to be sure there is no overflow, but will curves cause a problem with drainage?

thanks!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to add a section of hose to the washer...they usually can pump further and it would be a lot neater.

jeffro626

Reaction score
i tend to agree, but i need to be able to disconnect the washer and roll away. the drain opening is not easily accessable (behind a dishwasher)

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

How about a picture of this installation. Having a washing machine drain BEHIND a dishwasher is not something we see every day, or even every decade. What do you do for the water connections?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks