water meter

Users who are viewing this thread

mak123

Reaction score
my water meter(2") is in vertical line, and some noises from it when water running, is this OK? or something wrong?

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
2" meter? Serving your house??

Is this a utility meter? Usually they are owned by the utility company. If so, call them and have someone service it. I haven't heard my meter making noises but that's not to say some designs don't.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
When my meter was temporarily removed to fit new shut off valves it did make a tick ticking noise for a few weeks after it was put back.

But the noise has since gone.

mak123

Reaction score
2" meter? Serving your house??

Is this a utility meter? Usually they are owned by the utility company. If so, call them and have someone service it. I haven't heard my meter making noises but that's not to say some designs don't.

not for my house, it's in my commercial store.
I have two meters, one managed by city and the other by me, both 2", the city meter located in horizental line, and no noise, but mine connected in vertical line and makes some noise like tickle, tickle, something rotaing sounds...someone said it just sounds like that since it installed vertical direction....but I just want to make sure it doesn't matter...

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
meter

Never heard of the orientation of a meter making a difference, but have heard MANY meter, including my own, which make the "clicking/thumping" sound when high flows are going through them.

mak123

Reaction score
Never heard of the orientation of a meter making a difference, but have heard MANY meter, including my own, which make the "clicking/thumping" sound when high flows are going through them.

HJ,

so, sounds when high flows are going through is no problem?
thanks

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks