parts for pedistol sink

Users who are viewing this thread

davesnothome

DIY Member
Reaction score
Can you buy the complete drain parts for a pedistol sink? I need the complete drain pipe with the sink stopper all the way to the trap. The one I have here, broke off and the rest is so much scum on it, I just want to get a complete new one, or do these come with the sinks and specific to each type of sink?

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sink drains are generic. You can get an all plastic for $3.99. I recommend spending more for chrome plated brass.

Just go to a plumbing supply and ask for a pop-up drain assembly. Not necessary to buy a Moen or other faucet brand item. Just look for something in the $12 to $20 price range.

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
Some old pedestals, such as Crane, have internal parts that you are not likely to find and in that case the entire sink needs to go. Modern pedestals are usually all the same.

davesnothome

DIY Member
Reaction score
Sink drains are generic. You can get an all plastic for $3.99. I recommend spending more for chrome plated brass.

Just go to a plumbing supply and ask for a pop-up drain assembly. Not necessary to buy a Moen or other faucet brand item. Just look for something in the $12 to $20 price range.

Yeh, thanks...I picked it all up today, got the pop-up drain assembly and the trap $20 for it all. :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks